If you only have 1 key

gergwheel

Just to let you guys know, if you only have 1 copy of your key go to a lock smith right now and get another copy made. I lost mine over the winter and i just had another one made and it cost me $90 bucks. the reason for this post is so people can learn from my mistakes.

Sometimes it is hard to get a motorcycle key copied cuz alot of places cant do it. It is stupid to pay the high price at the dealer to get it copied, but they can do it. I tried tons of places, ie lowes, home depot, and other little hardware stores. None of them could do it for a Suzuki. The best place I found that has a crazy amount of keys, and is cheap to get copies, is a Lock Shop on 5th Ave West of 71, but before High Street. It is Caror Zipf's Lock Shop. He is a cool guy, old, but he knows his shit.

Carl ZIPF Lock Shop Inc

161 East 5th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43201

http://www.carlzipflockshop.com

good info Yota'

Any locksmith can make you a duplicate, just have to have the right key blank, which usually needs to be ordered through the dealer.

Alot of motorcycle key blanks are actually on hand to locksmiths. Mine wasnt, when I decided to make an extra, and had to order a blank thru the dealer.

Motorsports of Columbus uses Carl Zipf exclusively for all of their needs.

• 2 weeks later...

hell i remember when i bent my key. I went to a number of shops and .......they didnt have the key blank so i ordered 5 Key blanks online and now have 4 of them sitting on my comp shelf. I couldnt believe that Kawasaki key blank was so hard to find. One older guy tried to make one but as i told him....it was too short a blank for the switch and thats when i went online.