Rider down / parts help.

Anden

Took a guy from work out today. Novice rider failed to negotiate corner and put bike in ditch. Bike up ended and landed on him. Sheriff was called and was extremely nice about the situation. Wasn't going to fill out a report unless needed for insurance, otherwise buddy would have gotten ticketed.

So we ride up to pull off give his bike a good once over. He wanted to continue I was calling it off. Decided we would go into Sidney for water and a quick rest and reassess the plan. Get maybe 100yds and he isn't riding right. Very slow and center of the road. He managed to get off to the side and stopped just barely though. I hop off my bike and run up to him and he states "I'm blacking out." And bam snoring.

At this point I'm on the verge of a panic myself. Call squad and have them come out no choice for him now. He wakes up enough to get his helmet off and back to sleep again. Slept till squad arrived. They cart him to Wilson in sidney.

Now I have two bikes and no help cause its Saturday. After going through the list I get another from work with a truck and my brother out there to help load the bike. We videoed loading but no follies.

We get the bike to his house and unload before they get back from hospital. Just encased we drop it. Videoed that also, no follies.

Buddy that crashed is fine. Hospital had him home around 1:30 2:00. Cat scan and mri.

All is well still feel real bad about it because I chose the route. River rd out side of sidney didn't make it past the tracks.

So I'm looking go a headlight assembly for an 06 shadow and a wind screen and possibly some crash bars.

IMAG0189.jpg

Yikes. I almost lost it a couple of times last week on the group ride.... Each time I almost lose it and don't let's me know I'm trying too hard...

It's one thing to push the comfort level, it's another to try and take it too far :(

Sounds like no permanent damage (to bike or rider) so let's hope it all turns out okay.

Sorry to hear about his crash, and hope all is well. As far as the bikes goes it sounds to me like you are blaming yourself, why is that, he was the one riding and should not have pushed his own limits, even if it ment losing the pack. So why are you worried about fixxing his bike? What is the deal with taking video? Are you afraid of getting sued of something? Sorry im just not understanding some of the events of all this, school me???????????

Sorry to hear about his crash, and hope all is well. As far as the bikes goes it sounds to me like you are blaming yourself, why is that, he was the one riding and should not have pushed his own limits, even if it ment losing the pack. So why are you worried about fixxing his bike? What is the deal with taking video? Are you afraid of getting sued of something? Sorry im just not understanding some of the events of all this, school me???????????

Helping fix the bike just because I can.

The video was for entertainment purposes only. I mean how many bike loading, unloading fail videos can you find.

Not afraid of getting sued, my help and I can still be dicks even while helping out. We all work together. Good times.

Helping fix the bike just because I can.

The video was for entertainment purposes only. I mean how many bike loading, unloading fail videos can you find.

Not afraid of getting sued, my help and I can still be dicks even while helping out. We all work together. Good times.

OK..i thought maybe the video was to cover your ass for some reason, and props for helping your buddy get the bike back on the road. The way i read it the first time i thought you were doing it because you felt obligated. thanks for the perception adjustment:D

• 6 months later...

Fellow from this tale stopped me on my way out of work this morning. Not seven months after his off, and not eight months after getting licensed. Traded for a goldwing. I hope for the best but when you can't negotiate a turn on your small bike how the Hell will he do it on this.

Fellow from this tale stopped me on my way out of work this morning. Not seven months after his off, and not eight months after getting licensed. Traded for a goldwing. I hope for the best but when you can't negotiate a turn on your small bike how the Hell will he do it on this.

Makes you wonder.

Hope he lives to retirement....