Need help...which would you pick?

OhioBob

OK, which would you get?

03 CBR954RR less than 9k miles, Titanium/Black, Carbon fiber Two Bros exhaust, flush mount front turn signals, sportech tinted windscreen, fender elim kit, CBR racing grips. Asking: $4500

OR

07 Husqvarna 610SM about 4000 miles, Red/White, Leo vince exhaust, Fender eliminator, wheel sliders, brand new pilot power rear tire. Asking $4750

Is that a good price for the SM? I know the CBR is a good price, because I have been looking for a CBR for over a year now. The SM's are harding to find.

If you only had a VTX (cruiser) & was looking to get a second bike in the stable, which would you pick & why?

I would say the CBR,

1. I am a Honda freak

2. More common, easier to find

I mean hope for the best but expect any thing

If something ever happened to this hard to find SM where would you be getting parts and such... Would parts found be really pricey?

Don't rationalize yourself out of buying what you want. The question you need to answer for yourself is if you want a literbike or a sumo. A good deal isn't a good deal if it's not what you want.

You've looked for a CBR1kRR for a year and you've finally found one.

But maybe your tastes have changed in that time.

Personally, I'm a fan of buying bike or two after the leaves start to fall.

I'd much rather have the 610. Way different bikes though, a sumo fits my riding style so much better. I'm planning on getting a husky or KTM sumo in the next year or two. I've ridden a 954 a few times, and it was boring unless i was risking going to jail. I would never ride that thing again unless it was on a track. Its got 4.5 times the horsepower of my daily rider, and i felt like there was no possible reason to have THAT much power on the street. If you can't ever even crack the throttle without risking your licence, whats the point?

To each his own, I don't knock people for riding a bike like that, I just don't find it fun.

granted its a good price on the 954RR for the mods and mileage, I personally find it difficult to spend over 4k on any sport bike thats 9 years old. But thats just my cheap ass knowing I can find newer bikes with same/less mileage for the same price or better

moral of this story is if it has to be one of those 2, go sumo

That's a personal taste thing, sortta like I would like a sumo for a 3rd bike. For me though, my mainstream bikes for quite a while now have been 1 sporty type bike, and 1 cruiser. Adrenaline for one mood, laid back and lazy for the another mello mood. It covers a lot of the riding spectrum.

Cant go wrong with 2 Hondas.......

CarWhore,

It may have been yours. I was about to pull the trigger, but I was too late. I really wanted a SM510R, but they don't make them anymore and they are next to impossible to find used for sale.

Yeah, I have to agree about chancing the whole jail time on a sportbike, but always wanted to try a liter bike. But I was thinking of getting a sumo and then replacing my VTX with something like a CB1000R, if I can find a stealership selling them in the states these days. The last dealer said he was getting two in and might even make one a demo, but the next month he said he was dropped as a CB1000R dealer.

Oh, well. If the SM610 is as fun as this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViwaepHyPxY than count me in. Better than a sportbike, but not faster in the straight, which is fine for me. The fun is in the twisties, not the long straight boring road. Right?

610's top out just a hair over 100. If you're worried about top speed you're missing the point of a supermoto. Passing sportbikes in corners hanging the ass end out is what they're all about.

That video is what sparked me on sumos a few years ago. Wanted one ever since.

This looks like stupid, stupid fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDbWSkTwJdk

I wish i had the money for this. http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/2567462080.html

Edited by mgbgt89