New Ohio Rider

AC2B

Hello All,

I just started riding this season. Took the MSF BRC course back in may and have been riding my '94 GS500 since then. I've been learning a ton and have put just about 2000 miles on so far with no intention of slowing down.

photo-2-1.jpg

Good choice of bike for a newbie.

Probably fast enough to outrun most of the flamers in Lakewood anyway. :p

Thanks. I liked the bike when I got it and figured it would be a good learning tool. I've since replaced the front fork springs with sonic springs .95 kg/mm straight rates and 10/15 wt fork oil and swapped the rear shock with one from a kat 600. Wow, totally different bike.

And yes, I would imagine it could function as a more than suitable flamer getaway vehicle :D

Edited by AC2B

I love the jeep in the back too. 4dr wrangler will be my next car.

That's Annie! I've had her for just about 2 years. Love it. It's a great vehicle for NE Ohio. Awesome in the snow and fun to take around topless during the summer:cool:

I don't have anything on the books for that weekend so I'm 95% certain I'll make it. Definitely a little apprehensive as that will be, by far, the most miles I've done in a day, but looking forward to it nonetheless :)

Welcome! As said.... a Great choice for a first bike!

Thanks! Now that I've got the suspension more to my liking, I've been toying with the idea of taking it to the track next season. I was going to wait until I got a newer bike that is built with track use in mind, but taking my GS might be good for the first couple outings.

Has anyone taken a bike like mine (250r, GS500, EX500 etc) to the track? Thoughts?