Riding Boots -vs- Riding Shoes

redbarron77

I wear my Sidi B-2 boots everytime I ride, no exceptions. I've walked around in them for hours before without any discomfort.

I've seen some nice looking riding shoes out there, but I'm not willing to give up the ankle/hyper-extension protection that a full boot offers.

^^^ What he said. I actually keep 2 pairs of shoes at work - sneakers and dress shoes depending on if I'm wearing a shirt/tie or just jeans.

I want the ankle protection, especially inversion/eversion. Shoes can't beat boots for that. Takes me all of 30 seconds to swap the boots for shoes.

I've got the shift fuel riding shoes and they are very comfy all day I have tried on several boots and have yet to find any I felt would compare in comfort.

x2

I had these for commuting and boots for harder riding. The Shift shoes are awesome. I wore them around campus all day without any problems. They do make your feet super stinky though.

I went down in the Shift shoes and they held up very well. I highly recommend them.

I guess I wasn't very clear, when I referenced riding shoes, I meant something along the lines of this:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-afrika-shoes

Afrika_Shoe_BLACK_detail.jpg?1265503120

Not regular shoes.

These are the types of riding shoes I was referring to, and some of them are quite nice.

But for me personally, no full ankle protection/stabilization = no sale.

I've got the Icon Field Armor boots.......not sure about all day comfort as I've only ridden in them a few times, but they definitely break-in slowly -- so I'm thinking some Lexol cleaner and conditioner are in their near future.......if that doesn't soften them up, I'll go with Easton leather oil or pine tar.

I guess I wasn't very clear, when I referenced riding shoes, I meant something along the lines of this:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-afrika-shoes

Afrika_Shoe_BLACK_detail.jpg?1265503120

Not regular shoes.

I wouldn't even consider riding shoes...without ankle protection, they're unsuitable for motorcycles IMHO.

My buddy crushed his ankle in the driveway pulling the bike in after washing it, put his foot down in the slippery stuff and the bike came down on his foot.