Tactical AR/Urban Warfare class... Questions

Beegreenstrings

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just expressed an interest to make sure the "main instructor" was a BTDT, lots of phonies running around. I also understand OPSEC but with 30 years, he had to be retired. His bio as written (second hand) reads a little odd.

As a graduate of SOTIC, Mid South and other schools and 10 years in SOCOM. My interest was mainly to see if I knew the guy. It's a fairly small community.

Hopefully Chuck, Bob, and Rambo give you what your looking for.

BGS, thanks for the reply.

Ya' all don't shoot your eyes out.

PS. If you need any targets, I have about 40 or so paper targets that can be set up threat, no threat. You can have them for those in the Columbus area.

Regards,

SixGun

What date you looking at? cost?

Dates time and cost, are all still up in the air. Cost will be minimal if it works out right. He is trying to get some more info from Kyle lamb (freebies I think) (which will help keep the cost down) (major cost will be your ammo and trave expenses).

Cost: remember its a course not a class. More for your benefit not ours.

I have been working on Briar rabbit on a cheaper rate for the range.

Seeing if we cant make it affordable to do the course and then do some fun stuff afterwords. pretty much eat the range all day.

Safely I can say it wont be till next year. He will return for a week in November, which we will be on a pheasant hunt in South Dakota, and then again for Thanksgiving. Then he is back at it till next year. He is reaching the end of his career so we are looking at having some fun.

I just expressed an interest to make sure the "main instructor" was a BTDT, lots of phonies running around. I also understand OPSEC but with 30 years, he had to be retired. His bio as written (second hand) reads a little odd.

As a graduate of SOTIC, Mid South and other schools and 10 years in SOCOM. My interest was mainly to see if I knew the guy. It's a fairly small community.

Hopefully Chuck, Bob, and Rambo give you what your looking for.

BGS, thanks for the reply.

Ya' all don't shoot your eyes out.

PS. If you need any targets, I have about 40 or so paper targets that can be set up threat, no threat. You can have them for those in the Columbus area.

Regards,

SixGun

Might have to get with you to see what targets you have. He brought me a bunch, I scanned here at work and then sent to our big printer. We have been reproducing our 1000 meter target here at work. It does a pretty good job.

Edited by Beegreenstrings

This.

So it's going to be more of a group-drill, okay then. I'm interested, but I'd need to know what you guys can offer me that would be worth the cost and drive vs. running drills alone at home for free. Not to sound like a douche, I'm just trying to get a handle on it. Not that I would complain about funnin' around and shooting with some decent guys, I just don't want to expect to be gunning for 8 hours then have to stop every 3 minutes because someone's blaster shit the bed or whatever.

So I should expect a square range with IPSC/IDPA style targets, and a course of fire base loosely on VTAC drills against a timer w/peers? Is there a possibility to set up moving targets, pop-ups, etc? That would be great.

I talked yesterday with someone that worked with 'The main Instructor" in A-stan, and knows him (got his name via PM). Unless he's using someone else's name he is a BTDT Green Beenie. That's half that battle, he could not verify his shooting skills or teaching abilities. I'll let you know if I get any other feedback.

I'm sure he will be fine just on that hat qaulification alone. You'll know more after the course. The old adage "those who can...do...those who can't...teach" applies. But that could be good in this instance.

Just wanted to make sure your instructor was on the up and up. Offer still stands for the targets.

I had never heard of the Briar, the .22 sniper course sounds fun and cheap. We used to have contests when I was a kid to see who could cut down like size tree branches. When I was still in the service we did like size trees, with Barrett's. Your tax dollars at work.

I talked yesterday with someone that worked with 'The main Instructor" in A-stan, and knows him (got his name via PM). Unless he's using someone else's name he is a BTDT Green Beenie. That's half that battle, he could not verify his shooting skills or teaching abilities. I'll let you know if I get any other feedback.

I'm sure he will be fine just on that hat qaulification alone. You'll know more after the course. The old adage "those who can...do...those who can't...teach" applies. But that could be good in this instance.

Just wanted to make sure your instructor was on the up and up. Offer still stands for the targets.

Good to know, thanks.

Dale is a real far drive for me to build a gun. I still will call him when I am ready to see what he can do for me.

Green I am a newb when it comes to the AR platform. I know what I intend to use it for( plinking, 200 yrd and under target shooting) I just don't know what parts are worth the money for what I plan to use it for.

Dale is a real far drive for me to build a gun. I still will call him when I am ready to see what he can do for me.

Green I am a newb when it comes to the AR platform. I know what I intend to use it for( plinking, 200 yrd and under target shooting) I just don't know what parts are worth the money for what I plan to use it for.

Make a new thread and we'll get you taken care of.

I at least need to get a shot timer for this. I'm getting a little more excited about this idea, especially if we can get a little friendly competition going ;) Fastest each drill gets a candy bar?

Got ya. 200 yrd and under... Looking for a M4 build or something in the lines of the tacticool that you commonly see today (you can always add a rail later - helps keep the initial cost down). I have a hook-up from RRA I use for my uppers (they are easy enough to put together with the correct tools, but it is easier yet to purchase it and install it in less than 60 seconds when it shows up).

I will keep you in mind. The bro-law and I have been talking about building some new ones. Plinkers if you will. We have been shopping around lately but not coming up with any great deals...

• 4 months later...

I doubt he will be able to do it. He is taking a E9 upgrade and will be going off to school. We are talking about when his time is going to be free still.

I am working some angles of my own at the time. Maybe be doing a 3 gun shoot if anyone is interested. Just like a play day.