Opinions Needed: Honda CRV

Casper

Smaller than the Camry. Good cars though. If you call it a truck we'll have to pull your man card.
Camry has 14.5 cu.ft. of cargo capacity. CRV has 35.7 cu.ft. with the seats up, 72.9 cu.ft. with the seats down. It's smaller length/width wise, but not by interior space. Lots more cargo room.
Are you guys set on a Honda? I would look at the Nissan Rogue, their AWD system is more advanced.
I really don't like the look and feel of the Nissan interiors. Just personal preference I think.

We don't wear Birkenstock's nor smell of patchouli . Subaru's are out. LOL

Will there be no L.L. Bean catalogue in the center console? No OBX stickers on the back window? :)

My Mrs. has mentioned the CRV as a potential replacement for her aging Saturn Vue. Her family are all Honda owners, so it's partly genetic.

Yes. Absolutely!
Camry has 14.5 cu.ft. of cargo capacity. CRV has 35.7 cu.ft. with the seats up, 72.9 cu.ft. with the seats down. It's smaller length/width wise, but not by interior space. Lots more cargo room.

I really don't like the look and feel of the Nissan interiors. Just personal preference I think.

:sheepkoolaid:

I like the CRV and was looking to buy one a couple years ago.

I agree the Subaru is probably a better car but the wife did not like the looks :confused:

We ended up getting an Equinox. It was about the same price as the CRV but was larger and got better fuel economy. Its primarily my wife's car and she still really loves it. We did have to replace a fuel pump under warrantee. The pump did not fail but the computer flagged it and it was replaced when we took it in to check out the check engine light.

Craig

My wife's sister has a CR-V (she lives w/ us. I have driven it a lot), and then friends of mine have the latest generation. The new ones are larger, which is a good thing. The old gen isn't 'cramped,' but it feels more like a tall car than a light SUV. Some may call that a good thing.

Nothing bad to say about the Honda, except that there is no V6 option. That said, even the older generation does pretty well with the 4 cylinder.

If you're not 100% sold on the Honda, do yourself a favor and check out the new gen Hyundai Tucson. I have the old gen, which is totally different, but I read really good things about the new one. Choices are a 2.4 liter 4 cylinder, or 2 liter turbo (I think).

All this talk about how advanced the AWD systems are is pointless, IMHO. Your wife isn't going off-roading; she's going to drive in Columbus snow, and maybe you'll take it on a couple camping trips. whichever AWD system hurts gas mileage the least, and won't fall apart is what you want.

The Honda probably fits the bill. But definitely take a look at the Hyundai/Kia models. The are vastly improved in the last couple years, and the warranties are still really good.

My wife's sister has a CR-V (she lives w/ us. I have driven it a lot), and then friends of mine have the latest generation. The new ones are larger, which is a good thing. The old gen isn't 'cramped,' but it feels more like a tall car than a light SUV. Some may call that a good thing.

Nothing bad to say about the Honda, except that there is no V6 option. That said, even the older generation does pretty well with the 4 cylinder.

If you're not 100% sold on the Honda, do yourself a favor and check out the new gen Hyundai Tucson. I have the old gen, which is totally different, but I read really good things about the new one. Choices are a 2.4 liter 4 cylinder, or 2 liter turbo (I think).

All this talk about how advanced the AWD systems are is pointless, IMHO. Your wife isn't going off-roading; she's going to drive in Columbus snow, and maybe you'll take it on a couple camping trips. whichever AWD system hurts gas mileage the least, and won't fall apart is what you want.

The Honda probably fits the bill. But definitely take a look at the Hyundai/Kia models. The are vastly improved in the last couple years, and the warranties are still really good.

She only wants AWD/4WD for the ice and snow. Other than that, it doesn't matter at all. No trail running for this little guy. LOL.

Are you guys set on a Honda? I would look at the Nissan Rogue, their AWD system is more advanced.

This is very true. I just helped a friend get a Rogue, we were set on a CRV but when I started doing research on the safety and the AWD vs 4x4 systems were rated higher and better reviews on the Rogue. I wasn't crazy about the looks ext/int at first but once he got it, I love it.

His wife has a Element that is F/C and they were pretty set on the CRV because thye love the Element, but when we sat down and did the digging, we both thought the Rogue was a little better.

Also if you want to really be safe for the youngin, get a SAAB. Not the prettiest cars/small suvs out there, but dang. And amazing in the winter.