Moto Series - Nelson - September 30, Oct 1 & 2

tyler524

I may show up but just to get a set of tires. I got sentenced to New Jersey for an unplanned two-week work trip and just got back, now I'm playing catch-up at home and haven't been able to touch the bike. Plus the weather looks like shit.

Almost wish I wouldn't have signed up now at this point with the weather forecst. It is going to drop down to almost freezing this weekend and then of course warm back up after the weekend is over. I may end up freezing in the back seat of my truck instead of a tent

Finished getting the body mounted up tonight. I have to go pick up some exhaust wrap in the morning and pull the lower back off and wrap it since the exhaust it touching the fiber glass.

so question, would the race upper still fit if you left the headlights installed on the bike so that they are hidden behind the fairing?

so question, would the race upper still fit if you left the headlights installed on the bike so that they are hidden behind the fairing?

Headlights are actually attached to the oem upper. You lay be able to come up with an easy way to switch bodies but mine would probably take a full day to switch back.

Headlights are actually attached to the oem upper. You lay be able to come up with an easy way to switch bodies but mine would probably take a full day to switch back.

ohhh thats right, I remember that now. Just doing a little research as I'm debating over the winter picking up a project for a combo track/street bike. I was thinking in order to make it easy, just cut out the low beam side headlight impression in a race fairing so I'd only have to tape 1 light but still be able to use it on the street without switching too much over

I'm kind of glad I didn't book even though I really wanted to ride. 40 degrees and rain is totally different than 70 degrees and rain when riding. But I will have fun staying dry watching you guys!

Going to agree here, I had planned on this one for sure, then wedding came up and I'm glad it did. I love track time etc. but this is a weekend I'd rather stay away.

Figure a winter trip will take the place of this, and hopefully I can find a 3 dayer and make the drive worth it.

Anyone running, have fun, and dress warm!!!

Tyler - you have a PM. I think insulated tape might be a LOT easier than header wrap.

Is anyone in the Cleveland area heading to Nelson tonight? I cannot make it, but I can leave heat tape in my mail box, or inside my grill if someone can pick it up. I won't be home tonight.

p.s. - remove the mirror base-plates and drill a couple holes in your upper. Just zip-tie the fairings to the fairing stay. In a minor off, you'd prefer that the zip-ties break, rather than pulling those base-plates through your bodywork, or destroying a $90 fairing stay.

Even in my big off, the zip ties saved me from some fiberglass repair. My fairing stay was toast, and my wind screen is shattered, but that portion of the upper is otherwise pretty okay. I could stick a new wind-screen on and it would be almost good to go.

Edited by redkow97