Christian Sportbike Assoc October 15th Ride

PhilS

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, overall a success.

Six total riders and no one crashed! Three of us split at 9:30 from the church and met three more at KFC Newark around 10:10. It was cold this morning and the gusts really picked up on the route back south down 60 and 79. As it turns out I posted the route in reverse from suggested!! This made a difference on 520 - which is an outstanding road north to south but I understand it's better south to north.

Hopefully a ride in November will work out, but I wouldn't count on it as it will probably be too cold................(for Todd).

I clocked about 240 miles today. Nice day on the bikes - Thanks Guys!!

I was at the church at probably 9:37. I was pretty sure I was gonna miss you guys but decided to try anyway.

I went out down 204 towards Glenford this afternoon and probably put 100 miles in. Would have rode longer but I wasn't having fun fighting the wind...though I wasn't cold at all.

Glad everyone had fun and made it home safe.

Well after yesterday's ride, I believe I have found one of my new favorite Ohio roads: Ohio 520. Wow!!! New pavement, turns you can see through, nice elevation changes, and long enough to get in to a rhythm. I will hit that road a few more times this year even of nothing else but to run it back and forth for a while. Great road!!!

Well after yesterday's ride, I believe I have found one of my new favorite Ohio roads: Ohio 520. Wow!!! New pavement, turns you can see through, nice elevation changes, and long enough to get in to a rhythm. I will hit that road a few more times this year even of nothing else but to run it back and forth for a while. Great road!!!

I wanna go..... :-)

I wanna go..... :-)

I'd say, weather permitting, next Saturday the 22nd we meet up at the Danville BP at 10AM, then ride the 10 fun miles on 514 up to 520 and hit it 4 times back and forth. Then it's back to the BP for gas up and a break. 520 is only 13 miles long but a ton of fun. If nothing else, it's something to do on two wheels.

I shall be watching the weather..........

I'd say, weather permitting, next Saturday the 22nd we meet up at the Danville BP at 10AM, then ride the 10 fun miles on 514 up to 520 and hit it 4 times back and forth. Then it's back to the BP for gas up and a break. 520 is only 13 miles long but a ton of fun. If nothing else, it's something to do on two wheels.

That's not too far from the Sunday afternoon rides I was doing just to get out last fall. I may have to try getting back into that for a few weeks, after this weekend.

Sounds interesting. Keep it posted