The "Holy shit it's gonna be 74 and sunny" ride thread

InyaAzz

I guess everyone keeps saying I was keeping an ok pace for the fast guys. But I felt like I was going slow as shit. When I use to get out all the time I know I was moving MUCH fas turd then I do now.

Fast enough for me. Especially with the on/off road conditions. Much faster and I wouldn't have been comfortable. It was a very good ride. Much different than I'm used to since I tour more than anything.

I don't think I could keep up if it was much more spirited.

You, JRMiii and Ip.

Word.

Edited by Lost1888
too ooooooooo much beer.

Lost, were you in the group I led down 556?

I was second to last in that group down 556, and the 2 Motard's we picked up in Beallsville did not get around me until the very end, so we were not going that slow.

We could have went a bit faster, but again, we were not going slow at all if they could not get around me sooner than they did, both were very capable riders too, I was watching them in my mirrors.

The ride the day before, which Tpoppa led, was moving out for a street ride, maybe not insane, but certainly pushing some limits at times...I was a straggler on that ride, and I am perfectly fine with that.

I leave plenty of reserve for unexpected situations and conditions, it is a public roadway, many things can pop up with short to no notice.

I promise not to get track day fast on the street. Mostly.

Seriously though...anyone who's gone with me on a ride that I've led has never been left behind and I always make sure everyone is riding their own ride.

It's gonna be spirited....but not stupid. Especially since I won't be scouting before hand.

And NinjaDoc I never committed to your ride. You volunteered me for the lead..which I was fine with...but I never said I was 100pct in.

I know ... Just poking ya eye for nothing :)

And I vouch for him not leaving behind any one, he waited on my slow ass on every intersection hehehe inya , I promise next time I won't be that slow, next year I will be riding intermediate group :D

Well it looks like both Saturday and Sunday are going to be excellent weather wise. I normally do Sunday rides, but I was planning on heading to Royal Oak this Sunday. But...that's not set in stone. And actually, I'm game with doing short rides on BOTH days. So you guys who want to ride on Sunday....speak up. If there's enough interest I'll stay in town and do both.

These won't be rides far south though..I don't want to be on the road when it starts to get dark and if I'm riding two days in a row, I need to save a little in the tank for Sunday.

I haven't put any thought into the route yet. Something close-ish...which would either be the Coshocton area or around the Bolivar area meet spot.