Hocking Hills route please.

Tonik

Tonik...don't miss Big Pine rd,the section between 664 and 374 is one of the best roads in the H.H.s area for fall colors.Also,Thompson Ridge from 374 to Lauralville is nice.A lot of riders call it "The little Blue Ridge" because of the views and endless sweepers.

If you want someone to ride with drop me a p.m.,I'm going to be heading down that way on the KLR Sunday.

• 1 year later...
And deer trying to mate the Harleys. :lol:

I found this site a few weeks ago when trying to map out some great routes for a Hocking Hills ride. We had a really great ride, but at the end, we came up on a road closure accident where a couple on a motorcycle hit a deer in a straight residential stretch on 180/374 I think it was, and were ejected and had to be life flighted out...

Pardon my crude learning curve on plotting a map on Google for the first time, but I made a revised & extended version of the route we took, as it was a really great ride, with lots of opportunities to park and go hiking. I'll have to re-do the map in the form of driving directions sometime, but I was having trouble getting it to use the routes that I wanted vs the obvious shortest distances from A to B.

Clearcreek shows to be a great riding road on some MC route maps I pulled from the www, so I added that to the beginning of the ride. I re-routed it a bit to remain on almost all "fun" roads the entire time. We spent about 6 hours riding, taking breaks, and maybe 1-3/4 hours hiking. This route would probably be an hour longer, from Columbus.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=207813457435995713568.0004ccb0427124b21703a

Note that there are two pages of directions on the navigation frame to the left, and unfortunately the map only shows one page at a time, despite all of the routes being in the same general vicinity.

ENJOY!

Chuck

1977 Suzuki GS750B

Edited by Chuck78