Rider down on Sunbury Rd

Simplysix

Looks like it was not a "chase"... yet... 10tv's report leaves me thinking that the cop saw the bike speeding, tried to catch up to initate a stop but the bike wrecked before it became a chase.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2011/10/12/gahanna-motorcycle-crash-kills-one.html

GAHANNA, Ohio - Police said that a motorcycle traveling at a high rate of speed crashed early Wednesday, killing a man and injuring another.

The crash occurred at about 12:50 a.m. along Sunbury Drive, near Sunbury and Agler roads on the northeast side, 10TV News reported.

According to the Franklin County Sheriff's Office, a Gahanna police officer saw the speeding motorcycle and tried to catch up to it. The motorcycle crossed Sunbury Road and lost control, throwing two people from the bike.

Aaron Richard Miller, 24, of Columbus, the registered owner of the motorcycle, was pronounced dead at the scene by medics, deputies said.

Deputies believe that the passenger, Andrew Brennan, 24, of Columbus, was transported to Grant Medical Center in Columbus in critical condition.

Neither man was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash, deputies said.

WTVN reports that they were eluding police at a high rate of speed without helmets. Initial reports have been known to be wrong though. RIP rider.

In the rain? WTH was the rider thinking, apparently not thinking I guess.

RIP.

EDIT: just read the story link, looks like it happened late at night, I thought it was this morning as

in last couple hours. I don't know if it was raining at 12:50am.

In the rain? WTH was the rider thinking' date=' apparently not thinking I guess.

RIP.

EDIT: just read the story link, looks like it happened late at night, I thought it was this morning as

in last couple hours. I don't know if it was raining at 12:50am.[/quote']

I have no problems going fast in the rain. I did it this morning on 161&270. Traffic was light, rain heavy. Just don't make any sudden moves, and be VERY aware of what's going on in front of you, merging traffic, etc. To do so on Agler and Sunbury roads is another story, wet or dry!

For those of you unfamiliar with this area, after reading the story it makes a bit more sense - Agler Road ends at Sunbury Road and becomes Sunbury Drive - a winding residential road that immediately goes down a steep hill. I'd be afraid to go 10 mph in a car through that intersection. I figure they went airborne and missed the first curve. Either way, RIP and hopes for a full recovery.