SAT. 10/22/11 Ride

Pfloydgad

Ok....

It looks like a last weekend of decent weather is headed our way.

I will host a ride for Sat the 22nd.

Meet @ Youngs Jersey Dairy on St. Rt. 68 at 10 am

Depending on turnout and if anyone needs to eat, exit will be between 10:15 and 10:45.

I would like to do a run South to Hillsboro, and then continue S on 73 to 52 on the river.

Head W to 247 and then back up N.

I consider these roads semi-technical. There is some truck traffic, but should be lite for the weekend. No stunting or stupidity will be tolerated.

Just a good controled ride, I can set pace after meeting and discussing with group. Lots of leaves possible, roads are in good condition.

I ride these many times a yr. and so far this yr. they are just fine.

There are plenty of connections if an early exit is needed.

Do your Ohio map for references on the roads.

Let me know on here or with an email @ decolag@hotmail.com

Lets get a last one in all. :D

Ride safe all,

Greg

Edited by Pfloydgad

Cob,I have a couple others that might make it, they are not cold weather riders, and even with the later day temps getting near 60, they might bail due to mornign temps.

Another couple of guys are already down here from Michigan, they are going to try to get to me here in Spfld today, if they make it they will stay with me and join us in the morning.

Both are still up in the air. But if it ends up just us 2, then we will be the ones enjoying what looks like a great day for a ride.

I'll see you around 10.

Ride safe all,

Greg

Well you could meet us in Otway (73, 781 & 348) come together. I would guess we would be there between 11:30 and noon.

From there you could do the W and N routes and then cut back over where ever you want to.

I got a call from a friend that says that 52 has 3 seperate sections of construction going on right now, so my adjustment is to hit 348 W or come down to 52 and catch 125 through Shawnee State Forest. Either way will get us to 247 N.

Hope you can make it for some of the ride.

Ride safe all,

Greg

Well you could meet us in Otway (73, 781 & 348) come together. I would guess we would be there between 11:30 and noon.

From there you could do the W and N routes and then cut back over where ever you want to.

I got a call from a friend that says that 52 has 3 seperate sections of construction going on right now, so my adjustment is to hit 348 W or come down to 52 and catch 125 through Shawnee State Forest. Either way will get us to 247 N.

Hope you can make it for some of the ride.

Ride safe all,

Greg

also just an fyi, 125 to 247 is a better way to go then taking 52 all the way down to 247. that stretch of 52 is straight and boring as hell. 125 is a fun road with good twisties. Not to mention it has fresh blacktop! Want anymore info on the roads south of 32 let me know, this is my territory. lol

fyi, i just got called in to do some work for a friend tomorrow, but i don't know what time yet. chances are i won't be able to make it but if I do i'll try to catch you somewhere on 73 south of 32.

Enjoy!

Hey, we did have fun! Nice and cool in the morning -- 35 degrees. But sunny all day and it quickly warmed up. The layers kept coming off all day. Great ride , good company, new friends -- doesn't get any better than that!

Thanks Greg for taking lead and setting a great route for us.

Thanks Tom,

It was a perfect day, no problems at all, except for my sneezing fit.

And the roads were just pristine, the heavy rains had them super clean and even dust free. :)

I forgot you said you were getting off on 350, I looked in my mirrors and you were gone, sorry i didn't wave.

Thanks for braving the cold this morning, everybody that missed it, really missed a great day.

Lets do this again, ASAP, or at least if the weather holds.

Ride safe all, and you really missed an great ride.

Greg