Anybody into jeeps?

attentiongetter92

The CJ-7's also seem to be a little higher up, or maybe have a bit more clearance stock compared to YJ and TJs.

The price of 33x's and up also sucks. 32" tires +4" lift on a short wheelbase jeep is about equivalent to an 8" truck lift with 35"s. The short wheelbase offroad is really nice... Never stuck between obstacles turning left or right, and your tires are so much close together there is less chance to hi-point. Very very steep hills can pose troublesome though..

i dont have a jeep, but i like them........i like pulling them out with my 4Runner when they get stuck.

:cool:

lol, I remember a Willys Jeep getting stuck on the side of a hill hauling firewood. A farm tractor got stuck trying to tow it. Used a gutted big block Chevy posi-traction station wagon with only a frame and no body to tow out the tractor, Jeep, and the firewood. All at the same time, hooked together.

I've seen big block station wagons beat 4x4s on hill climbs. That was fun.

Car karma is a bitch - for making that 2.7 live as long as you have, you've killed hundreds of other engines. Seriously, though, I don't know if I could own a car knowing that every time I turned the key could be the time... you junking it when it goes or doing a 3.3/3.5 convert?

Honestly, I don't see any reason to worry about that. It runs as good as when I bought it 10 years ago, and I know it's not sludging up, and I doubt that anything catastrophic will happen that I won't hear symptoms of before hand. I do work on cars for a living. :D

Honestly, I don't see any reason to worry about that. It runs as good as when I bought it 10 years ago, and I know it's not sludging up, and I doubt that anything catastrophic will happen that I won't hear symptoms of before hand. I do work on cars for a living. :D

I spend every trip budgeting for the transmission rebuild on the Sable :D And she keeps getting there. Same boat, brother.

I'm big into Jeep's.. I've owned many and lifted all of them

Here are my last two that I owned and wish I had the money/place to keep them all!

6" lift 37's, flat fenders and 4.88 gears to just name a few of the mods...

295b8047.jpg

4" lift, 33's and a few other mods...

58c0622e.jpg

I've owned others but those were my 2 favorites!

I plan on getting a new 4 door one when the prices of them go down a bit

I'm big into Jeep's.. I've owned many and lifted all of them

Here are my last two that I owned and wish I had the money/place to keep them all!

6" lift 37's, flat fenders and 4.88 gears to just name a few of the mods...

295b8047.jpg

4" lift, 33's and a few other mods...

58c0622e.jpg

I've owned others but those were my 2 favorites!

I plan on getting a new 4 door one when the prices of them go down a bit

These are sweet! Wranglers are so pricey now or else I'd probably have one.

Aint got a jeep i do it in the woods. 89 toyota pickup frame shortned 6 inches body 9 inches, trail gear bumpers sliders, 4 point roll cage, 22re 20 over bore 231c crawler cam, dual optimas, 529s, locked rear with chromoly axle shafts and disc conversion. riding on 33 12.5

Now shr is jonzing one of the new 4 door ones.

i hated them when they first came out. Then the girl got a Mojave Edition a couple months ago and I love them now, so many awesome features and goodies Wranglers didn't have when I ended up with a car over a jeep years ago. My favorite being the T-top style hardtop

2011-Jeep-Wrangler-Mojave-Front-Side-Top.jpg

But my tires are better so.....NO :D

Did you use rear sway bar link extenders on yours? I but them in but they hang low and was thinking of putting the stocks back in. How are turns?

They're close enough to being the same tire lol. And I did not. Saving all that jazz for when I go to 4.5 inches 32's. :cool: it turns fine, no rubbling or anything and I haven't gotten caught on anything wheeling.

Aint got a jeep i do it in the woods. 89 toyota pickup frame shortned 6 inches body 9 inches, trail gear bumpers sliders, 4 point roll cage, 22re 20 over bore 231c crawler cam, dual optimas, 529s, locked rear with chromoly axle shafts and disc conversion. riding on 33 12.5

Any pics?

I've got a dodge nitro. Jeep changed the liberty over to the nitro platform in 07. Pretty much the same vehicle besides the looks and doesn't have a low range t-case. But apparently libertys arn't real jeeps anyway :rolleyes: so I don't count at all. My offroading consists of 95% clear dirt trails, fording 1" of water and hopping over the occasional low cut stump or 3" limb. So I realy don't need anything more.

Edited by DrewsBrews

I like jeeps, but i've never owned one. Would like to pick up an older beat-up model for when it really gets snowing.

the CJ's appeal to me the most, because they're so simple, and you can rebuild them from a damn catalog, but I don't want anything too crazy.

- manual transmission

- working 4x4

- (mostly) water-tight interior

- working heater

I'd only plan to drive it when the snow was really bad, or it was good top-off weather.

this would be ideal, if it weren't rattle-canned... http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/2691905058.html

this is my friend's 2007(?) Wrangler Unlimited.

23804_108138135892347_100000884827539_62647_5821031_n.jpg

I'm not in love with it. The ride is miserable, and the mud-terrains are really really loud. With AT's, I'd tolerate the ride. It's also an automatic, which I find odd... This is the first automatic he's ever owned.

I like jeeps, but i've never owned one. Would like to pick up an older beat-up model for when it really gets snowing.

the CJ's appeal to me the most, because they're so simple, and you can rebuild them from a damn catalog, but I don't want anything too crazy.

- manual transmission

- working 4x4

- (mostly) water-tight interior

- working heater

I'd only plan to drive it when the snow was really bad, or it was good top-off weather.

this would be ideal, if it weren't rattle-canned... http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/2691905058.html

if you want an older beat up model - why would rattle can matter? winter beaters dont need to be pretty lol....that paint job is pretty ghey though, but nothing a little more rattle can cant fix