Who paints and what do you charge?

JStump

I am looking for some quotes on painting my plastics. I really hate how shitty the paint job is on my bike and I bet I could do a better job in a weekend with a rattle can, which is sad because I bet the paint used on my bike was expensive. But all I want is a plain white paint job. Nothing special, no pearl or candy paint, no designs or anything, just white. What would this cost me for materials and labor if I take it apart and give you the plastics off the bike?

If you were to go to a regular body shop it would be about 3 grand....they have a lot of overhead to pay for. yeah. professional paint jobs are expensive. My uncle runs a company called rob's recycle out of his basement. He restores bikes and has a professional paint and powdercoating operation set up. I bet you he's for the lowest price out there, his overhead is very low. Pm if you want his contact info. He lives in the akron Canton area.

well worth it to add a little pearl to the white.. a pure white pearl paint job is in the top 3 of my list.. just like on the newer Daytonas

you can't do that. a perl paint job is a 3 stage paint job. you have to lay a base of paint then the pearl then the clear.

it's a lot more expensive.

you can't even add metalic to white. it just doesn't show up correctly.