Want Cable TV from Insight?

Meanie

^ but can you watch NFL or NCAA football on it?

on this player Western digital only has netflix and hulu plus. I don't recall seeing any kind of sports shows on those 2.

I believe roku and google tv etc have a few sports. and I think they cost you a monthly fee. I think it's a few bucks a month. and I don't know if you can see the game that day or the next. most of the time shows are from the previous day.

I'm not a huge sports junky so that didn't even matter to me. and I'm not all about needing to see tonights episode of Glee so we can talk about it at the water cooler at work tomorrow.

the one thing I do really miss is being able to watch the local news. but hey, they all have websites. so I don't really need to watch it on tv.

this isn't for everyone and it took me a few weeks to finally commit to hulu plus and netflix. $18 for both. that's still a savings of $46 a month for me. I just don't see the need to pay for cable for myself. it just wasn't providing me with what I felt was my money's worth. and for $18 a month they come in full 1080P HD. what's warner cable come in? 480i. the same shit it did in the 1950's

I bought the roku 2 HD unit first but returned it. (they want your credit card info on file) I wasn't too thrilled with that. plus it doesn't hook up to your computer like the western digital one does.

but the roku units have way more channel choices.

http://www.roku.com/

Edited by serpentracer

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am *too* cheap to pay for cable*.* :D (Waiting for "fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuu" text message...)

Do you get new episodes of shows when they air?

I think they're mostly the next day or two. some south park episodes are a few weeks behind.

the only real downside is they're not online the same day etc.

I'm sure that's a matter of some kind of agreement made to the cable co. crooks.

I think hulu has comedy central and it has all of the current shows and past shows no longer on. so there's one thing the cable co can't do. or you can't pause, rewind, fast forward, or bookmark it to come back to the same spot. unless you pay more $ for the cable crooks DVR's.

Edited by serpentracer

The cable companies aren't putting prices on the bandwidth usage to stop people from using HULU or Netflix, they are doing it because the users of those devices are hogging the bandwidth from everyone else in the area. This cause the cable company to spend more money to to split out nodes, or add new nodes. This cost from adding the nodes for one or 2 people sucking up all the bandwidth isn't worth it.