Want Cable TV from Insight?

Meanie

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this work with existing customers? Im at $110 for Internet, 1 box, and 1 other tv......

Nope new customers only. However, call in and talk to them they may be able to get it a bit lower for you. 614-236-1292

fuck cable and sat. the stations suck and you get 40% of them are bullshit stuff like shopping network stuff.

and for $60-100+ a month?

I got one of these http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=330 and never looked back. I didn't get 1/2 of the stuff on cable as I do this thing.

advantages over cable,

1. FREE TV

2. FREE MOVIES (no commercials)

3. most shows and movies are in FULL HD. cable and sat= 480i. lol this thing is 1080p.

4. no commercials

5. stop, pause, rewind, fast forward through shows.

6. watch what you want when you want.

7. free games

8. no more $60 a month cable bill!!!!

and you can access any computer on your network, external hard drives, or thumbdrive to watch movies, look at pictures and listen to music

did I mention it's free and better picture?

Edited by serpentracer

Cool, sorry you didn't like the service. How long ago did you have Insight? As long as your happy with what you have now that's all that matters.

Left them 2 years ago, and WOW has been so much better in every regard. Did I mention that Insight is located in a pretty shitty part of Cbus?

I am to cheap to pay for cable

I am *too* cheap to pay for cable*.* :D (Waiting for "fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuu" text message...)

fuck cable and sat. the stations suck and you get 40% of them are bullshit stuff like shopping network stuff.

I got one of these http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=330 and never looked back. I didn't get 1/2 of the stuff on cable as I do this thing.

advantages over cable,

1. FREE TV

3. most shows and movies are in FULL HD. cable and sat= 480i. lol this thing is 1080p.

4. no commercials

7. free games

and you can access any computer on your network, external hard drives, or thumbdrive to watch movies, look at pictures and listen to music

Do you get new episodes of shows when they air?

advantages over cable,

1. FREE TV

4. no commercials

7. free games

1. No need to be hostile....

2. I see this coming to an end, because of those devices ISPs are having to constantly upgrade the networks because of bandwidth hogs. Usage charges are already being looked at by most ISPs.

3. Your still mostly likely using the cable company for you HSD. My guess is you have HSD only. Chances are your still going to be paying a cable company for the bandwidth you are using in the near future.

Left them 2 years ago, and WOW has been so much better in every regard. Did I mention that Insight is located in a pretty shitty part of Cbus?

Really, I was nice before but you need to keep coming back. Go troll somewhere else please.

Really, I was nice before but you need to keep coming back. Go troll somewhere else please.

WTF.....how am I any more of a troll than you are.:wtf: You started this thread, so since I loathe Insight I am forbidden from my opinions? How bout my internet dropped all the damn time, how about my DVR's always seemed to have an issue which required me to swap, went through 2 cable modems in less than 4 years, how about subpar customer service IMHO, how about never knowing when the hell the service guy "I mean 3rd party contractor" was gonna stop by? And the main office is located in a bad part of town, where WOW is not located in a bad part of town and neither is Time Warner for that matter. I have had zero issues of any kind with WOW, and they have their own techs whom actually know what they are doing. They also wear shoe covers in the house, and totally clean up after themselves when they do any kind of installation or repair. Does this help clear things up anymore for ya, seems I am not a troll after all.:rolleyes:

And for that matter......Insight has a bad reputation "at least where I live" and that is why many have left. Hopefully it has gotten better because it was much needed, they had no competition here and now they do. All the cable companies have gotten too expensive, it is really starting to get out of control.

Edited by Pokey

What does the location of the cable companys building have to do with anything?

When you need to swap out equipment, like I had to do several times......it makes a difference IMHO. Sorry it appears I am trolling again.

When you need to swap out equipment, like I had to do several times......it makes a difference IMHO. Sorry it appears I am trolling again.

Calm down Francis :rolleyes:

I've never taken any equipment to the main office of any cable co. They always come to me.

Besides, there are much worse parts of town than the old Coaxial Cable location.

Buy a gun. Learn to use it. Carry it everywhere.

WTF.....how am I any more of a troll than you are.:wtf: You started this thread, so since I loathe Insight I am forbidden from my opinions? How bout my internet dropped all the damn time, how about my DVR's always seemed to have an issue which required me to swap, went through 2 cable modems in less than 4 years, how about subpar customer service IMHO, how about never knowing when the hell the service guy "I mean 3rd party contractor" was gonna stop by? And the main office is located in a bad part of town, where WOW is not located in a bad part of town and neither is Time Warner for that matter. I have had zero issues of any kind with WOW, and they have their own techs whom actually know what they are doing. They also wear shoe covers in the house, and totally clean up after themselves when they do any kind of installation or repair. Does this help clear things up anymore for ya, seems I am not a troll after all.:rolleyes:

And for that matter......Insight has a bad reputation "at least where I live" and that is why many have left. Hopefully it has gotten better because it was much needed, they had no competition here and now they do. All the cable companies have gotten too expensive, it is really starting to get out of control.

Time Warner cable, whom I have for net, wears shoe covers in my house. And so does Dish Network. I'm sure you could find ppl with TWC and Dish whose service guys didn't. What's your point? Maybe they just didn't like you?

And I have never had to go to HQ to exchange equipment. Tech either brings it or they ship it.

Calm down Francis :rolleyes:

I've never taken any equipment to the main office of any cable co. They always come to me.

Besides, there are much worse parts of town than the old Coaxial Cable location.

Buy a gun. Learn to use it. Carry it everywhere.

Honestly, The area isn't that bad during normal business hours, not in the early hours of the morning real late at night it's not the greatest, but a normal customer would have no issues.

Normal customer for around 10 years, was on no blacklist of anykind, had no volatile conversations or face to face confrontations of any kind with anybody. And I have my CCW so I am always carrying one of my pistols, and yes there are much worse sections of town. Hope y'all find cable company bliss, sounds like things there are shaping up for the better "I left 2 years ago". Sorry If I pissed in your cheerios, wasn't my intentions to do so and was just giving my experiences with said company is all.

Peace out

Had Insight before - only service available in Galena aside from satellite, which I don't want.

Didn't have any issues at all, Customer Service via phone was always kind/helpful.

Had to visit the main office once to swap out regular boxes for HD. Not in the greatest part of town, but it's far enough off the street, and in a fenced area, that I didn't feel any qualms about going in.

Have WOW now at the new place - it was choice of them or TW, and it seems that TW gets in a pissing match every year with one or more channels, and I didn't feel like potentially dealing with that.

1. No need to be hostile....

2. I see this coming to an end, because of those devices ISPs are having to constantly upgrade the networks because of bandwidth hogs. Usage charges are already being looked at by most ISPs.

3. Your still mostly likely using the cable company for you HSD. My guess is you have HSD only. Chances are your still going to be paying a cable company for the bandwidth you are using in the near future.

nope I have dsl from the phone company. they don't slow down or have issues with how many people are downloading stuff.

you brought up a point about cable companies wanting to start charging for the amount you download. which is another reason I dropped time warner when i seen them listed with a few others trying to get the rights to net nuetrality from the FCC.

I know what they're up to. they want control of the speed in which content providers like netflix and hulu plus upload so people come back to cable and pay them an astronomical price a month for sub par picture quality and terrible channels that never have anything worth watching.

I sincerely hope the cable company's days are numbered. the only chance at servival they have is to buy the rights to everything and make themselves the controler's of the internet. and they're well on their way to doing it and people don't realize it yet.

http://www.democracynow.org/2010/4/7/appeals_court_rules_fcc_lacks_authority?gclid=COGQzrKv6KwCFYld5Qodz2lrWQ

Edited by serpentracer