ThermaHelm? What are your thoughts?

Casper

Looks like a cool new technology.

Most of the website is not updated. Thet don't have any for sale. The only pricing I found on the internet was approximately $470-$785 for previous versions. There is no mention on the quality of the rest of the helmet. I did see an ECE sticker on it though. For that kind of money, I would need some assurance on the shell.

I don't find carbon fiber fashionable!

I think they are onto something. Just need to get some product available and hire a bigger/better marketing/website team.

Need more medical testimonials.

Could cooling your head after an accident be problematic when not needed?

I agree they should license the technology to other helmet manufacturers. I picked my helmet based on several factors. Cooling would be just one factor. That's not going to make me buy their helmet if it sucks otherwise (noisy, fogs up etc)

Any medical/paramedic folks here can comment on cooling the head? If the EMS crew finds a rider unconscious do they remove the helmet? Do they cool the head on the way to the hospital? If not, then why would the cooling helmet help?

Edited by Scruit

cool concept...i would give one a try, ECE rated shell, aerodynamic shape so probably pretty comfortable, and i dont see how the cooling would be problematic when not needed, its not like it chills you to 30 degrees, it cools to 98.6 F, which is normal body temp anyways

thermapak claims to add $250 to the cost, so for a 450-500 dollar helmet i would expect the comfort and finish to be on par with most mid level scorpions and icons etc

they are also apparently making a retrofit kit you can add to your own helmet, so you can turn your icon or shoei etc into a thermahelm...perhaps once they do that they will begin to license it out to bigger manufacturers

if theyre selling out every version of the helmet they make - they must be doing something right

Edited by Steve Butters