Are there any stuntting groups/meetups

just_some_dude

I'm just going to put this out there, stop thinking stock Blast and think modded Blast. A stock Blast can still do stunts, clearly not as well as most bikes.

This is drag racing, but a stock 2009 Honda CBR 1000RR did a quarter mile in 10.738 seconds at 135.670 mph (could do better). A modified single cylinder Blast did a quarter mile 10.833 seconds at 127.43 mph.

Blast Time Slip

Honda CBR 1000RR Time Slips

A modified Blast is entirely capable of 'stunting'. It won't perform like other sport bikes while stunting, but can stunt. You don't have to go to the extremes here. It is not like a Blast owner is hopping on the handle bars and popping a wheelie.

A modified Blast will likely outperform a sportbike in the curves.

Still... my original question was if there were any stunt meetups.

Keep it coming, though. You're not going to get me to believe that a Blast sucks because you read about it, not impressed with it's 'power', or rode stock.

Funny...

...I have personally out run two R6's, a ZX10R and a CBR1000RR (all at the same time) in the pig trails in Northwest Arkansas... on my Blast.

The rider of the ZX10R (coworker) regularly asked to switch bikes for afternoon rides after work.

-Edit-

I'm far from stock.

Edited by Jet-Lee

However' date=' like I mentioned.. the bike has very little to do with how well it does in the corners.[/quote']

Either you're kidding or ...

No, you've got to be kidding.

There's a reason they don't race Bandits and instead use Gixxers...it's the bike.

-Edit-

There's no way this bike had anything to do with its win record... 52 firsts out of 73 total races. The rest were 2nd and 3rd with one 4th and one 5th; none lower. Only ten were ever made.

Remarkables.jpg

...so yeah, the bike has nothing to do with handling and cornering capability...whatever. By that logic, lets race some Harley's at Laguna Seca!!!

Edited by Jet-Lee

First.. Hi' date=' Queerbait!

Second.. Yeah, did you miss the part where I mentioned rider ability being the most important factor in this equation?[/quote']

Queerbait? Is that really the best you can do?

You said the bike has very little to do with cornering ability. Next time specify racing, AMA, street, whatever.

Really? That's funny' date=' because I regularly see SV650s flat-out decimating liter bikes at the local road course. Maybe somebody tossed a little pixie dust in the suspension/crankcase? :dunno:

Yeah.. at the AMA level, all the riders are damn near equal in ability. However, we're discussing street rides.. not AMA sanctioned superbike races.

Speaking of Buell and racing.. you probably want to avoid that topic, considering Buell's record in AMA racing with the Thunderstorm powerplant. Just a thought, really...?? After all, that might put a damper on your "It's the bike, Dude!!1!!!" theory.[/quote']

Local road course...key word...you have people that don't know how to handle a liter bike. Put those SV650 riders on the liter bikes and they'll beat their own 650 times. I assume we're talking about an -R type liter bike? I mean, Harley's are liter bikes as well.

AMA vs street racing? You race on the street? Squid.

Who's talking about Buell's AMA record? I didn't bring it up.

LoL.. I'm like the only person in this thread that doesn't think your bike is a giant pile of shit. (although' date=' I kind of do think your bike is a giant pile of shit)

:dunno:[/quote']

I understand, but you are the only one responding. I'll gladly debate with anyone.

Stock form, they do suck for performance. No one (even JSD or myself) said otherwise.

He was asking about stunters in his area. He rides a modified Blast, but that's OT.

Right' date=' and I said his bike would do fine in the corners, even without modified suspension. What it wouldn't do is become a Japanese Supersport quality sportbike.

I have zero doubt that you can outride your friend's ZX-10. If I had a quarter for every liter bike I destroyed with my puny motorcycle, I'd have enough to buy at least a couple 25¢ tacos. My question now is, when you swap bikes with your Ninja buddy, does he become the faster rider, or do you still out run him.. even on the Ninja?[/quote']

Short answer - I was faster.

Long answer - He always said he was afraid to ride it like I did, cause he wasn't comfortable to dig in to the corners like we did on our own bikes. True or not, I dunno, but he did handle his own bike very well.

-Edit- He always stayed pretty close behind. It seemed that as I would pull away on his bike, it would give him a push to try harder. He never pulled ahead, though, just followed.

1. Haterz gonna' hate.

2. Common knowledge' date=' not as common as you'd think.

3. They're all in jail, or asleep in mommy's basement.[/quote']

1. Agreed, that's why my first post started out "Funny...", I find it amusing.

2. Apparently, but still OT.

3. [/speechless]

Edited by Jet-Lee

I've never tried to wheelie mine. It's popped up on shifts...but I prefer to keep both wheels on the ground. I have stoppied it twice, due to retards in cars; that was scary, don't wanna do that again.

Maybe if I find a junker for cheap, I'll play around.

It's possible, just not common because it's rather difficult when stock, as those videos show. You can tell they're stock (or close to) by the muffler and airbox.

Edited by Jet-Lee

Anything is possible huh!

You won't catch me doing a wheelie on purpose on a motorcycle! I did accidents stand my brute force up one day, that was a rush once all four wheels were back on the ground. Hell I jumped it one day screwing around that scared the Hell out of the wife, I might have hit the sort pile a little fast.:) Lol

1000rr, I don't even understand what you're arguing, yet.

It is what it is, a single cylinder motorcycle.

The power to weight ratio definitely is not on it's side, but still the bike can stunt. Any bike can pretty much do some sort of stunt.

You can wheelie a stock Blast it is just going to take more work.

Maybe you just need more practice ;).

We've pretty much established a stock Blast can wheelie. Watch the video in the quote.

It's not hard to find someone who can't do something well. Ducati's must be pretty crappy bikes because one person can't do a burnout correctly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSrpgmpg_Os

Which, by the way (maybe take a moment and count the cylinders below for me, looks stock too)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLkvX7g2nIU

Edited by just_some_dude
  • Upvote 1

I've actually wheelied a 50cc scooter. Put your feet on the ground, put some throttle on, let the front end come up, hop on :). Furthest I probably went was 10 ft. maybe. I'm sure there is a better way to do it, but it worked for me :).

Bunch of scooter endos/stoppies/wheelies in the video below. Go to 5:35.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZUN0XoNm2I