Buddy sent this to me today... Bear coming in

Beegreenstrings

http://www.wimp.com/curiousbear/

This is not my buddy but he thought I would find it amuzing as much as my fiance and I hunt and travel to do so.

He thought it was just a random incident. Being a seasoned hunter though, watch the actions of this bear coming into this spot.

He is hunting himself :D touches everything the guy (most likely did) coming to the stand.

If that bear really wanted him, I doubt he could have exchanged the camera for the gun in time to persuade the bear otherwise...but that bear smelled him at the beginning of the video and was just curious as to what the hell this human was doing in his patch of the woods. Bears climb very well and could of been up that ladder in 3-4 secs tops.:D

Yeah if this guy was a smart hunter, which he sounds pretty calm, he had that .44 in his hand before the bear ever got to the ladder. Or at least had his hand on it ready to go to work.

Obviously he is not bear hunting. That is a nice black bear and presented a couple really nice shots.

Was that here in Ohio?

Years back a guy out in the Sierra's, evidently an area where there had not been a verified Grizzley sighting in many years, was up in a tree stand bow hunting when out of the blue a very large bear came up his tree. When it came upon him it became viscious and began tearing this guy up. In the ensuing broohaha the hunter began ramming one of his arrows at the bear's face and when he could, rammed it into the bears mouth down its throat. He ended up killing what turned out to be a very large silver tip grizz.

This was back in the 70's, and when it happened the notion was that the grizzley was no longer in the Sierras of California.

Guess they were wrong....

It's nice to see that he didn't kill the bear. If he isn't attacking and the guy isn't going to eat him no reason to kill an innocent life for the fun of it.

well I'll be damned, you might actually be a woman afterall

well I'll be damned, you might actually be a woman afterall

:D I am fine with people killing deer for the fun of it. Those bastard can fuck up your car pretty quickly. Bears keep to them selves most of the time. IMO 90% of bear attacks are because the person is a fucking retard.

:D I am fine with people killing deer for the fun of it. Those bastard can fuck up your car pretty quickly. Bears keep to them selves most of the time. IMO 90% of bear attacks are because the person is a fucking retard.

Yeah but have ever seen a car hit a full size bear?

How about a bike? There is a video somewhere...

Was that here in Ohio?

Years back a guy out in the Sierra's, evidently an area where there had not been a verified Grizzley sighting in many years, was up in a tree stand bow hunting when out of the blue a very large bear came up his tree. When it came upon him it became viscious and began tearing this guy up. In the ensuing broohaha the hunter began ramming one of his arrows at the bear's face and when he could, rammed it into the bears mouth down its throat. He ended up killing what turned out to be a very large silver tip grizz.

This was back in the 70's, and when it happened the notion was that the grizzley was no longer in the Sierras of California.

Guess they were wrong....

I dont think so. My buddy is in southern, Ohio Almost in Kentucky and he did not say. He just said someone sent it to him.

It's nice to see that he didn't kill the bear. If he isn't attacking and the guy isn't going to eat him no reason to kill an innocent life for the fun of it.

It does take one cool calm hunter to do what this guy did. I would at least been taking aim. Someones nose would of been in trouble.

yeep, bears can smell and hear extremely well, but can't see for shit...

I think appropriate would have been to pee on the bear when it got in range...

edit: one of my neighbors used to walk around and hunt while bears were around him.

He ignored them, and they ignored him. Eye contact not really recommended though.

Black bears only, that is. They all cuddly and shy. Usually.

Edited by ReconRat