Columbus gun show this weekend 31/1

madcat6183

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya I ll be there about 10 as well along with several others. I picked up some random .223 TulAmmo today just to see how it cycles through my AR tomorrow afternoon. Talked to my neighbor for an hour tonight on optic options that may be there tomorrow. He is going with me to help me find a decent red/green dot and mount it up before I hit the range tomorrow afternoon.

Hopefully the dealers he knows are there tomorrow and I can get a little insider discount from him. I'll be rolling in with Mykill, and about 5 other guys. Most likely wearing a Ford Cammo hat, you won't see the hat, just the Ford emblem.

So is this show a good place to try to get a deal on an AR? Or would I be better sticking with a brick/mortar store?

Have you checked gunlisting.org, swapgiant, or armslist, I've seen quite a few AR's lately. Just depends on what you are looking for.

Have you checked gunlisting.org, swapgiant, or armslist, I've seen quite a few AR's lately. Just depends on what you are looking for.

I'm not looking to put together a huge rig with all the toys and crap. I'm really just looking for a good solid home-defense rifle that will serve me better than the Bersa 380 squirt gun (that I got for it's concealability, not power).

I'm thinking about someone kicking in the front door and I need to defend the top of the stairs type thing. I'm talking about a Katrina-style defend the homestead thing. I mean a home-invasion stopper. (My wife gets the pistol-grip Mossy 500) Only needs to be accurate out to about 50 yards - I'm not looking for sub-minute accuracy at 600 yards. I DO want to be able to send 60 rounds downrange with only a single mag change - and I do want to be able to stop the BG with as few shots as possible - not tickle him into submission with the Bersa.

I'll take a look round. I can always check prices online with my phone to make sure I'm not overpaying. I have a budget that I won't exceed, and I know I can get something. Used is fine.

Not sure if joking/sarcastic...but they might have a metal detector on entry.

Not sure if serious, I don't think the Westland mall has the power output to run a metal detector lol. They go on the trust system. Just check your guns, they have armed security walking around. I've been to damn near every one of them this year and no incidents so far.

I'm not looking to put together a huge rig with all the toys and crap. I'm really just looking for a good solid home-defense rifle that will serve me better than the Bersa 380 squirt gun (that I got for it's concealability, not power).

I'm thinking about someone kicking in the front door and I need to defend the top of the stairs type thing. I'm talking about a Katrina-style defend the homestead thing. I mean a home-invasion stopper. (My wife gets the pistol-grip Mossy 500) Only needs to be accurate out to about 50 yards - I'm not looking for sub-minute accuracy at 600 yards. I DO want to be able to send 60 rounds downrange with only a single mag change - and I do want to be able to stop the BG with as few shots as possible - not tickle him into submission with the Bersa.

I'll take a look round. I can always check prices online with my phone to make sure I'm not overpaying. I have a budget that I won't exceed, and I know I can get something. Used is fine.

AR prices are down which is good if you are looking to buy. I don't care for the super cheap sport ones I've seen lately. I wouldnt mind trading my HD AR for a piston model, but I hate to take the hit on mine.

Last gun show I went to (years ago in Cinci) was no-ccw too. No metal detectors but the organisers were dead serious about no loaded guns inside. One sign said "If you don't understand what we mean by no-loaded-guns then ask for Bill and I'll draw you a picture."

No metal detectors.

AR prices are down which is good if you are looking to buy. I don't care for the super cheap sport ones I've seen lately. I wouldnt mind trading my HD AR for a piston model, but I hate to take the hit on mine.

HD? I understand the piston concept.

Heck, what I really want is an SA80. Nice bullpup rifle that is easier to swing around a corridor.

An AR15 worries me for home defense, at least in my situation. With a rifle I run the risk of over penetration and going in to a neighbor's apartment and I sure as hell don't want that. I'll stick with the 870 with 00 buck and my .40.

Always be aware of what is behind your target.