Buddy got a new Sierra Z92 WOW (no pics)

Beegreenstrings

My buddy had a unfixable issue with his 2011 Avalanche so checy decided to replace it for him with a new one.

He went to pick it up and came across a 2012 Chevy Sierra crew cab Z92.

This thing looks like it is a custom truck, but is completely covered under chevy warranty. He told the sales guy since I havn't signed the paperwork accepting the new vehicle I want that. They worked a deal. He had to throw in 4K but they made the deal. His Avalanche listed at 37K this thing listed at 44K. They haggled the price out and he left happy.

I saw this weekend for the first time. Holy cow. I have rarely liked chevy's except the avalanches but this thing is NICE!!!

Next time you are out looking take a look and see if you can find one because these things are so bad ass!

Crew cab 5' box

Pearl white.

35x12.50-20's

Mickey Thompson tires.

Factory 6" lift.

Custom seats grill and add ons front and back (grill guard and bumper guard)

All covered bumper to bumper 100K miles.

like this?

1500Z92whitehoodfrt.jpg

its nice...but for that kind of money i would choose the ford raptor over it...the z92 has a 7" lift and 35s, but everything else is bling appearance....the raptor is a purpose built truck and would run circle around it on or off road....raptor also has 35s, on 17s instead of 20s and has the 6.2 v8 in it with electronic lockers, skid plates, the works

its a nice truck, for a chevy, but it cant compete (much like everything else GM makes besides the vette lol)

like this?

1500Z92whitehoodfrt.jpg

its nice...but for that kind of money i would choose the ford raptor over it...the z92 has a 7" lift and 35s, but everything else is bling appearance....the raptor is a purpose built truck and would run circle around it on or off road....raptor also has 35s, on 17s instead of 20s and has the 6.2 v8 in it with electronic lockers, skid plates, the works

its a nice truck, for a chevy, but it cant compete (much like everything else GM makes besides the vette lol)

Good grief. Might as well just spraypaint; "I have a small penor" all down the side.

What does the handwriting above the white sticker in the windshield say? Either "Buick" or "F*ck"

Edited by Scruit

Good grief. Might as well just spraypaint; "I have a small penor" all down the side.

What doe the handwriting aboce the white sticker in the windshield say? Either "Buick" or "F*ck"

disagree. it sits nice, aside from the homeboy wheels.

nothing wrong with a lifted truck, as long as its not overdone

i think 35s look nice on almost any truck

sideview.jpg

If you're gonna USE IT then fine. If that thing never sees dirt then it's a penormobile.

I have a lifted '87 Bronco with 33" mudders/gears/lockers etc but I actually take the thing offroading. It's not a daily driver.

If you're gonna USE IT then fine. If that thing never sees dirt then it's a penormobile.

I have a lifted '87 Bronco with 33" mudders/gears/lockers etc but I actually take the thing offroading. It's not a daily driver.

i never understand buying big 4x4 trucks and then never getting them dirty...its like stretched bikes that never see the track

i do some mild offroading in my f250, but ohio isnt the best for a long wheelbase truck to offroad....plus, its my daily so i try not to beat it up too bad...some day ill turn it into a 100% offroading truck, but it wont be for awhile until i can afford a new 6.7 to replace it

we used his avalanche in South dakota for the past two years with no issues. It is on the same type of 35/20 setup. He uses his to bird hunt. He has three fused disk so we dont walk extreme distances. We let the dogs go and when they point we walk. But mostly he waits to see if the dogs are going to point. Anyway. The Avalanche averaged about 15-18. The new 6.2 is doing around 12-14.

My buddy had a unfixable issue with his 2011 Avalanche
we used his avalanche in South dakota for the past two years with no issues.

You've used a 2011 Avalanche for the past two years? When did they release the 2011?

I know they tend to release the new model year halfway through the previous year, but I've not heard of them over a year early.

Why replace a truck that is "unfixable" at 1 yr old, with another truck from the same manufacture? Doesn't make any sense.

I don't know but I wish Ford would do that with our 3 08's we have. Biggest pieces of shit we've bought in the 8 years we've owned the company. So many friggin issues with all 3 of them its insane

I don't buy US vehicles these days. All but one has been unreliable. I've never had a bad Nissan or Subaru.

The Bronco is the exception - it's pretty tough but it was a heap when I bought it. (Pain 1900 for it 2 years old - had LOTS of problems. Offroaded it for a few years until bailing wire couldn't hold it together any more and then started the frame-up resto.

You call something with a 5 foot box a truck?

I never understood the appeal of a quadcab truck, unless you've got a construction crew to haul around. Buy a regular cab long bed that can actually be usable, and use the left over money for a beater family car for when you need to haul around people.

All the disadvantages of a pickup, with less utility than a real truck. Perfect.