Buddy got a new Sierra Z92 WOW (no pics)

Beegreenstrings

its like making fun of scruit for having a sport touring bike or whatever that thing is considered, when he doesnt really travel that far (according to the map in his sig)...ive seen people go 3x as far, on a bike 3x less equipped for such distances...doesnt mean he has any less right to own it, and doesnt mean he should be ragged on for it. he bought what he likes, he enjoys riding it, end of story. (not getting after you brian for your comment on his bike, more so giving an example he will understand)

Meh. I commute with it. Storage is for helmets, laptop and my son's safety gear. Plus the map doesn't show how many times I've been to those states.

I really like those Z92s. I've always been a Chevy guy and have never had too many issues with my vehicles. All manufactures have issues, it all has to do with what you like and what you're willing to deal with. Having worked as a mechanic, I know what goes into fixing Fords, Chevys, Toyotas, etc and I'd rather be fixing a Chevy than Ford. (Yes, Fords break too)

That being said, I commend Ford on not taking the bailouts and it pisses me off the GM did.

How about this? People can actually buy things that THEY LIKE!! Wow!! What a neato concept!! Some people do buy for image.

Hey, I never said people couldn't have their penormobiles. It's a free country. As long as they are happy with their prosthetic dicks that's ok in my book.

Yes, even guys that are not needing crutches to ride a motorcycle... See how that works?

Lost me here. :confused: If your are referring to who I think you are referring to, and to the specially modified bike then you just took this friendly banter to an ugly place that is all you, buddy. I ain't following you there.

(Methinks Brian doth protest too much. A little too close to home. Seems I hit a nerve there. A very small nerve, apparently)

Edited by Scruit

Hey, I never said people couldn't have their penormobiles. It's a free country. As long as they are happy with their prosthetic dicks that's ok in my book.

Lost me here. :confused: If your are referring to who I think you are referring to, and to the specially modified bike then then you just took this friendly banter to an ugly place that is all you, buddy. I ain't following you there.

(Methinks Brian doth protest too much. A little too close to home. Seems I hit a nerve there. A very small nerve, apparently)

Hey dude that seems to really like to talk about men's junk... I was talking about YOU. The ABS on your DRZ or whatever it is called. ABS is a crutch. Know what my ABS is? My left two fingers... I was taking what you like to say about people and turning it on you. Now, who needs a chalk board with stick figures to sort things out?

Plus, if you are trying to turn this into something it isn't and using someone's handicap, you are a complete douche.

Also, if you actually did travel to that few of states and don't do much off roading or fire road riding with your type of bike, what's that make you? And don't tell us that you do serious off roading with a bike that has ABS...

You're a dude with some serious issues to try and paint the idea I was talking about someone like you did. Pure bullshit and shows your true colors... You're an a-hole, dude. That was really low.

I don't usually drop to name calling, but that was really a wrong and terrible thing to insinuate. I'm done here. Total bullshit.

Hey dude that seems to really like to talk about men's junk... I was talking about YOU. The ABS on your DRZ or whatever it is called. ABS is a crutch. Know what my ABS is? My left two fingers... I was taking what you like to say about people and turning it on you. Now, who needs a chalk board with stick figures to sort things out?

Plus, if you are trying to turn this into something it isn't and using someone's handicap, you are a complete douche.

Also, if you actually did travel to that few of states and don't do much off roading or fire road riding with your type of bike, what's that make you? And don't tell us that you do serious off roading with a bike that has ABS...

You're a dude with some serious issues to try and paint the idea I was talking about someone like you did. Pure bullshit and shows your true colors... You're an a-hole, dude. That was really low.

I don't usually drop to name calling, but that was really a wrong and terrible thing to insinuate. I'm done here. Total bullshit.

It's okay to have a big truck if you want it but not okay to have ABS if you want it? :confused:

I don't offroad my bike. I commute and take interstate trips on it. You can't get a v-strom without ABS.

I thought that's where YOU were going tlaking about crutches and bikes. Guess I was wrong about that. Sorry.

I think this ends here - we're not connecting right.

It's okay to have a big truck if you want it but not okay to have ABS if you want it? :confused:

Isn't ABS mandated in cars and trucks these days?

I freely admit that I like ABS on the bike and in my car - frees me up to worry about other things in a panic situation. I've tracked my car and done advance/evasive driving courses in it. ABS is a tool just like anything else. Let it do its thing when it's helping and take over when it's not.

I think it is totally fine if you read my posts. I was using that as an example of judging him as he judges everyone with a lifted truck... I think there is a place for it, but as mentioned, if you have ABS and ride off road, you need to be able to turn it off as having it on will end you up on your ear.

There are a lot of guys that will argue one way or another on ABS. Yes, it may be mandatory and it may be on everything nowadays, but the tracking the car example, serious track day drivers will turn off the ABS as on the track with production based cars, it is slower with it engaged vs off...

Anyways, I was slamming him like he slams the truck guys... Just an example to judge blindly. I don't know the guy. Don't care. Just was doing what he was to prove a point...

I think it is totally fine if you read my posts. I was using that as an example of judging him as he judges everyone with a lifted truck... I think there is a place for it, but as mentioned, if you have ABS and ride off road, you need to be able to turn it off as having it on will end you up on your ear.

There are a lot of guys that will argue one way or another on ABS. Yes, it may be mandatory and it may be on everything nowadays, but the tracking the car example, serious track day drivers will turn off the ABS as on the track with production based cars, it is slower with it engaged vs off...

Anyways, I was slamming him like he slams the truck guys... Just an example to judge blindly. I don't know the guy. Don't care. Just was doing what he was to prove a point...

ah, I only half read all your guys' posts, my bad. I'm just here for the popcorn. :D

I really like the z92. That being said if I had the funds I'd drive a lifted dodge 3500 is also have a Corvette Z06. And a BMW 1000RR. Do I need any of that? Hell no. But I want them because I think they are all the best of their class. Does that mean I have a small penis?

Because then you're driving something as long as a school bus. Do any offroading at all, and you're high centering it.

My 93 chevy has enough room behind the seat for lots of shit. Our newer regular cab dodge at work has even more room. With an 8 foot box you still have the option for a tool box, and still have plenty of room left to keep using the bed. I would get tired real fast of a 6 foot bed, even though i think RCSB trucks look sweet. A 5 foot box in a full size truck is just mind blowing to me. Bikes, lumber, mulch, trash, and lots of other random shit i haul would be irritating to try to cram in there.

But since you can't get a new GM with a stick, I'm not interested anyway. You guys can have your mile high overpriced luxo-"trucks".

my luxo truck with a 6ft bed has yet to disappoint with anything I personally or my company has thrown at it. If you can't figure out how to transport lumber in a 6ft bed then you're doing something wrong. I routinely haul 12'-15' sections of plastic pipe in my truck without it hanging out the back ;)

And that isn't true on you can't get a GM in stick, we just ordered a handful of 2012 3500's with a 6spd

I really like the z92. That being said if I had the funds I'd drive a lifted dodge 3500 is also have a Corvette Z06. And a BMW 1000RR. Do I need any of that? Hell no. But I want them because I think they are all the best of their class. Does that mean I have a small penis?

yes - small penis.

you can only be a real man if you drive slow, boring shit.

sorry bud.

also - when did ABS become mandatory?

i had a 2008 kia spectra rental car that did not have ABS (i drove it through a damn blizzard - so im sure it didnt)

i drove a honda civic that had a switch in the glovebox if i remember right, to shut it off (i know you could shut it off - i took a defensive driving course in it...just not positive it was in the glovebox, but i think it was)....wish i could shut it off in my truck, it goes fuckin nutty if you get stuck offroading with ABS.....and i actually stalled my saab once because the abs and traction control was working so hard when i got it partially stuck that the car cut so much fuel delivery due to traction control it actually stalled....that stuff is nice, but there needs to be off buttons for it all

Edited by Steve Butters

also - when did ABS become mandatory?

i had a 2008 kia spectra rental car that did not have ABS (i drove it through a damn blizzard - so im sure it didnt)

i drove a honda civic that had a switch in the glovebox if i remember right, to shut it off (i know you could shut it off - i took a defensive driving course in it...just not positive it was in the glovebox, but i think it was)....wish i could shut it off in my truck, it goes fuckin nutty if you get stuck offroading with ABS.....and i actually stalled my saab once because the abs and traction control was working so hard when i got it partially stuck that the car cut so much fuel delivery due to traction control it actually stalled....that stuff is nice, but there needs to be off buttons for it all

My 08 SI had a button to turn the stability/traction control off. I had to turn it off to get unstuck several times last winter.:o

My 08 SI had a button to turn the stability/traction control off. I had to turn it off to get unstuck several times last winter.:o

my saab had it too - i think most cars can turn the TC off, but im not sure about ABS....ive only seen it in that honda i drove

isnt that something? have to turn off assists to actually drive properly lol

after my saab stalled out i fired it back up, turned off the traction control, and gave it hell...i think i was in 4th gear (out of 6) before i started moving...once i started rolling i made sure to put the clutch in and go back down to 2 lol...didnt wanna hook and break something

but my truck i cant turn off my abs...i would love to have a switch for it

I thought Ohio Riders was one big happy family.:eek:

maybe the civic i drove only had the abs switch because it was a track car and not a regular street car....it was a car from Mid-Ohio's defensive driving course (took it in high school to make my court appearance look better after i got a 10pt ticket lol)

Dang, 10pts? What did you do?

Mid-ohio added those little silver switches themselves. Have the same effect as pulling the fuse. They have you do that before while drive the wet brake/turn exercise.

Turns out I'm wrong on the 'mandatory' thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-lock_brakes#Regulation

ABS systems are required on all new passenger cars sold in the EU since 2007. In the USA, the NHTSA has repeatedly considered mandating anti-lock brakes on light vehicles, but has held off due to concerns over testing procedures and real-world crash data that failed to meet expectations.