!Hello from Romania!

Sorin

C'mon, give him a break. Probably didn't know hat the rules were.

Always good to know about places like this for those that may want to travel there - could be a good guy to know.

Sorin - not a good idea to advertise in your first post as it pisses people off. Hope you come back and enlighten us about riding in Romania. I'd love to ride there.

If he's legit, his prices are pretty good! GS1200 for 100 Euro a day = $125 oer day with no mileage restrictions.

I paid nearly $200 per day for a ST1300 in England last year and scenery wasn't nearly as good.

If he's legit, his prices are pretty good! GS1200 for 100 Euro a day = $125 oer day with no mileage restrictions.

I paid nearly $200 per day for a ST1300 in England last year and scenery wasn't nearly as good.

Those are pretty good. I recall the prices in Australia to be a LOT more than that. Plus, if those roads are ANYTHING like Northern Czech roads, the riding there would be a heavenly experience.

Those are pretty good. I recall the prices in Australia to be a LOT more than that. Plus, if those roads are ANYTHING like Northern Czech roads, the riding there would be a heavenly experience.

Agreed. Eastern Europe os a great place to tour right now as their prices are still pretty low as compared to western Europe. It won't last long though once they figure it out and the demand rises.

Lots of scammers there though - would need to maake sure this guy is on the level before sending any reservation cash.

You went to the wrong part of England then. :cool:

Try taking that bike over Snake Pass. (A57 from Glossop to Sheffield - I drive this road 3x a day for 6 months - have a pic of it on my desk)

Its been deleted apparently :dunno:

yep, looks like a mod whacked him, post count is 2, but when you click find all posts by this user, it only shows the one.

the other one is likely moved to the "invisible" ordn page, only visible to mods and admin.

You went to the wrong part of England then. :cool:

Try taking that bike over Snake Pass. (A57 from Glossop to Sheffield - I drive this road 3x a day for 6 months - have a pic of it on my desk)

I rented out of manchester - exchange rate really sucked last May.

I did ride teh Snake Pass twice this trip and have done it several times before. It ain't that great and had shitloads of traffic on it this time.

Spent most of the week in the North Yorkshire Dales and Lake District.

Rained everyday (go figure, eh?).

edit: checked Hunt's website -ST is 80 pounds ($123) per day right now, it's quite a bit cheaper with a favorable exchange rate.

Edited by Earache

but he did start another thread.
I can't find it. :confused:
Its been deleted apparently :dunno:
yep, looks like a mod whacked him, post count is 2, but when you click find all posts by this user, it only shows the one.

the other one is likely moved to the "invisible" ordn page, only visible to mods and admin.

Yeah I moved it. If this guy wants to come back and prove he isn't spam we will decide if it should be moved back.

I rented out of manchester - exchange rate really sucked last May.

I did ride teh Snake Pass twice this trip and have done it several times before. It ain't that great and had shitloads of traffic on it this time.

Spent most of the week in the North Yorkshire Dales and Lake District.

Rained everyday (go figure, eh?).

edit: checked Hunt's website -ST is 80 pounds ($123) per day right now, it's quite a bit cheaper with a favorable exchange rate.

If you can get a clear run on it then it's a lot of fun, but it's one of two main routes bewteen manchester and yorkshire so it's a PITA if you get rush hour traffic. If you're going to Barnsley/Huddersfield then you'd take the Woodhead Pass from Glossop to Penistone via the Flouch. (Great hiking in that area) and you pass the north side of the hkin trails that take you down past the Howarth, Derwent and Ladybower Reservoirs. The snake pass takes you from Glossop to Sheffield cutting acourss the south, right through Ladybower.

As teens we used to take a bus to The Flouch (a pub near the end of Woodhead Pass) and hike down past the reservoirs and out to Bamford so we could take the train home. About 13 miles.

Props for visiting *England*, not just London.