Attention Max Power

DTM Brian

Look what I can do with just a tune on a Suburban. :D:D:D

DSC00538.JPG

2003%20-%20Suburban%20-%20Jason%20Bowman.jpg

Not only did we make more horsepower and torque through out the rpm range. We also made the power much smoother by getting rid of unecessary torque management and the correct fueling under acceleration.

The graphs does not show it all. Ask Mr. Bowman what his truck feels like from a stop at a traffic light. Transmission improvements are made as well.

I know you were a bit shocked when you were comparing the pricing of car and truck tuning to bike tuning. I also not saying that you that you "need" to let me tune your truck. I just wanted to show you the difference in the power curve on a stock 5.3 motor. There is another easy 20 hp to 30 hp with a set of headers and free flow exhaust with the tune.

It is true that automotive tuning costs a lot more then bike tuning. However I am willing to bet I can make more power with $425.00 in tuning then what you can with the same $425.00 spent at jegs. :)

Waiting for Jason to chime in.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, but while more power would definitely be nice, I need better mileage from that pig.

Decent brakes would be a plus also. Got some bumper damage to repair due to the brake issue.

Mileage will improve. If you ever have any questions or get an itch to play with the truck let me know. A 2-3 per gallon increase is possible.

Awesome, but while more power would definitely be nice, I need better mileage from that pig.

^this is part of the reason i did this.. I really wanted better towing ability. AND increased MPG over the whole spectrum..

I was/am extremely impressed with the results of my Black Betty!

before this i was really considering getting a new truck(wanting some more power/mpg haha) after this.. it feels like a brand new truck..

As brian said.. the feel is just as important as the result.. and wow..is all i can say.. this big bitch.. though not the fastest(not supposed to be) definantly gets up and goes.

this may be stupid but i keep CD's in the center consol area on the dash.. hit the gas before.. nothing... hit the gas now.. they fly out just the little things ya know!

IMO well worth the money... and eventually i'll get a intake/ exhaust why because i love the sound.. and i'll take it back to brian to retune.. and be as happy as i am today!.. cant wait for march to trailer to jennings and see what she can do in the mountains!

Brian, is that the same software you would use for my friends Supercharged Chevy 1500? I saw him this weekend and he definitely is ready to go come spring and him getting his full exhaust system installed.

He said 1-2 months and he's ready to go! Now I gotta print this graph off and show that to him!

Mileage will improve. If you ever have any questions or get an itch to play with the truck let me know. A 2-3 per gallon increase is possible.

I'm very interested, but I have to fix the damage and figure out and fix my braking issue before I can spend any $ on performance.

Not real interested in doing headers and exhaust since it has a factory stainless system that is in excellent condition, although I do love the sound of a small block running Flowmasters.

I have a K&N, but haven't installed it yet. Never noticed much difference with the one I used to run in my Toyota.

I think I have you covered. Get me the part number of the ecm. I am pretty sure I have coverage.

Brian, is that the same software you would use for my friends Supercharged Chevy 1500? I saw him this weekend and he definitely is ready to go come spring and him getting his full exhaust system installed.

He said 1-2 months and he's ready to go! Now I gotta print this graph off and show that to him!

Correct.I will make your friend a happy DTM Customer.

Now your peaking my interest.

I've got an 04 Silverado with the 5.3. Air intake and exhaust. I might have give you a shout come spring.

614-778-8984 mobiledyno@aol.com

What can be expected for a 2500 with a 6.0 in it? Similar MPG and power increase and I may be able to talk a friend into bring his Suburban over.

Correct. An easy 2-3 mpg. Same gains with the horsepower and torque. He will be very glad he did.

See what i started!!! hahah.. welcome Brian. lol

Thank you for your business sir.

HEMI tune! I'm waiting for the answers.

See my answer to midget Todd.

I'm very interested, but I have to fix the damage and figure out and fix my braking issue before I can spend any $ on performance.

Not real interested in doing headers and exhaust since it has a factory stainless system that is in excellent condition, although I do love the sound of a small block running Flowmasters.

I have a K&N, but haven't installed it yet. Never noticed much difference with the one I used to run in my Toyota.

Sounds good. Let me know if you have any questions.

I'm buying a 97 silverado 1500 with a 5.3 this weekend. I'm buying from an old couple that are selling it because the wife is having a hip replacement and can't get in + out of the truck. It runs great pretty clean and decent miles for the year. The thing that has my wondering is the guy keeps saying it has a towing performance "chip". I thought "chips" were for diesels so does he mean its had an ecm swap possibly? I did one of those with an 02 gtp I had and it destroyed my pistons. Are you aware of any issues I should look for?

I'm buying a 97 silverado 1500 with a 5.3 this weekend. I'm buying from an old couple that are selling it because the wife is having a hip replacement and can't get in + out of the truck. It runs great pretty clean and decent miles for the year. The thing that has my wondering is the guy keeps saying it has a towing performance "chip". I thought "chips" were for diesels so does he mean its had an ecm swap possibly? I did one of those with an 02 gtp I had and it destroyed my pistons. Are you aware of any issues I should look for?

It could either have a different chip in the ecm or a flash on it. As far as the GTP goes you more then likely had other issues killing the motor. Sounds like it went lean.

You just want a light coat of oil. A heavy coat of oil can get on the MAF wire and give false/ bad readings.

Honestly I would run it dry. Just rinse it with water and let it air dry once or twice a year.

I should run it dry?

They are fine to run dry.