New shotgun project

8mmDale

So I've been buying shotguns and parts left and right on gunbroker, arfcom and other places. Ended up with a new project, which doesn't look like much yet but I've got high hopes!

pix688149623.jpg

pix506553452.jpg

pix398556994.jpg

pix325853111.jpg

pix203915209.jpg

pix121842357.jpg

I've got some new parts coming for this pile of junk; trijicon ghost ring night sights and some other parts to assemble it. The plan is too get it cerakoted either OD Green or maybe a grey and black break up camo pattern. Its getting drilled and tapped for the ghost ring, and engraved/registered as a short barrel. Going to get an old barrel that I can cut down to 14 inches and get cerakoted to match the receiver. Drilled for the front sight and threaded for choke tube. Then Ill load it up with mesa stuff to finish it off.

Once its done Ill have a swanky as hell 870 tactical going up for sale.

I bought it on gunbroker! So far I have WAY to much money wrapped up in this junk, so now I have to finish it. Got a brand new barrel last night from a customer for $60 bucks. Got arrangements made for it all to be shipped to Oregon to go to STS for cerakote. Still not sure what color to do it up in though.

I was wondering where it was that it said "Policia P.R." ! Puerto Rico makes sense! Glad its on that side, it wont get covered up by a shell carrier.

His drug runner picked it up for him.

Just tell a certain bunch in DC that you are part of the Zeta drug cartel and guns just show up at your door.

Edited by 8mmDale
  • Upvote 1

Yeah the new wingmasters aren't as good as these old ones. The trigger group is all metal, which again they don't make anymore (unless you get a police magnum).

If anyone is interested I just got some early 80s police wingmasters. They are old duty guns in good shape. Got two of them, 330 a piece.

Pictures on my website.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just got the gun back from STS and the pictures do not do this thing justice. This gun is unfuckingreal awesome. It is super short and the cerakote is already proving its worth! I had to take it apart and the spanner did not even scuff or nick the coating on the castle nut. I cant say enough nice things about STS!

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

Not bad considering a few months ago this thing was a rusty pile of old parts!