Riders Insurance

Hoblick

Just got off the phone with them for a quote on the multi.

Currently with progressive.

Policy on the multi is $839 yr

$1000 deductable

$3000 in accesory coverage

Not gonna list comp and lia its to long

Anyway...

Riders insurance quote

Same policy as progressive for comp/collision/lia

$250 deductable

$8000 in acessory coverage

Same roadside assistance and what not as progressive

$272 a yr

Cant beat that!

Same roadside assistance and what not as progressive

If you do many long hauls consider trip interruption. It will pick up food and lodging and other stuff if you break down. It should only be another 10 or 15 bucks a year. It reimbursed me about 600 bucks in 800 in expenses when I had a trip go real bad once. They paid for most of a U-Haul to get my bike home.

I have Progressive for my SV. 50K/100K Bodily injury, 25K Property, Roadside Assistance, $3000 accessory coverage with 1K deductible.

My payment is only $84 for the entire year.

Edited by pista

A friend of mine has Riders, his rates are dirt cheap to. I've had a couple of totaled cars through progressive and they were awesome to work with. Has anyone had any really negative experiences with Riders? I might be tempted to switch.

There really isn't a best price for motorcycle insurance, from what I have found is it is hit and miss as to what is the best deal. It seems like every company has radically different views on what each bike should be rated as. State farm classified my Daytona as a super sport in the high risk category where as Geico classified it as a sport with a moderate risk, and when I say risk I mean in terms of cost of replacement and danger. State farm claimed since my bike was not very common here in the states, it would cost more to fix as opposed to say a CBR600. State farm was going to charge me over $1000 for my 600 but Geico is only $250.

Edited by JStump

I was going to switch everything to State Farm but they won't give me home owners because I have an american bulldog

Well that makes no sense seeing as my family has had the same agent for years with state farm and we had a doberman and a American bulldog. I have the same agent my step dad had when he got his first car :dunno:

Well that makes no sense seeing as my family has had the same agent for years with state farm and we had a doberman and a American bulldog. I have the same agent my step dad had when he got his first car :dunno:

I don't know everything was going good with the quotes until she got to the homeowners and one of the first things asked was type of dogs and any bull breed is a no go yet allstate doesn't care and it doesn't save me any money to just switch the bike and cars because homeowners will go up.

I have everything on State Farm - house, both cars, bike, trailer, etc. Also I have a Rottweiler and a Doberman. As a Package deal, it's the cheapest. I could probably do the bikes separately, but when I've had to do a claim on the car and bike on separate incidents (both being repairs - not totaled), everything was done and back on the road in less than a month. Hassle free.

When I had to make a claim with state farm last October, my car was in the shop for over 2 months because state farm was arguing with it self as to who was at fault. The other guy ran a stop sign and t boned me. It was pretty cut and dry as to what happened but he also had state farm, so it appeared as if they were trying to figure out how they could pay the least amount of money and pin the accident on the one with the policy that favored them instead of the one who was at fault. I had much better coverage and they didn't want to pay out the $5000+ my car cost to fix. Got in a screaming match on the phone several times before they finally said it was the other guys fault. Never going back to state farm.

I've been meaning to switch to Riders for awhile I just worry about if I ever actually need to make a claim. I don't know anyone who has actually had a claim with them so I don't know if they are good or bad

More than likely the 600RR will go with Riders unless Allstate gives me a cheap price for both