Did Honda get this right?

DAC

Anybody seen this? Looks like a great all-rounder:

12_NC700X_Det_06.jpg

NC 700X:

670cc, 6" suspension travel, 65 mpg, only 51 HP but 44 lb./ft. torque (4,750 rpm)

Upright seat, makes power down low. Will be available in DCT/ABS.

http://powersports.honda.com/2012/nc700x.aspx

• Upvote 1

About $1,300 less than a strom. ($6,999 MSRP) However, the strom is a more capable bike - probably.

When gas goes to $5, I bet they'll sell a ton of these with DCT.

I'll wait and see how the two bikes work out. I'll may be stepping down from the VFR in a year or two. It's a ton of fun but I'm coming up on 50 and leaning over that far for hours at a time is punishing. Plus it's a much better bike than I am a rider.

The NC7 just looks like my speed now. Lower revs, good torque, upright position, a bit lighter. The weestrom has the same advantages except it revs higher (more power but also sucks a bit more gas.)

I wish they wouldn't bundle the ABS with the DCT. That seems like a mistake to me. I'd like to see the ABS as a separate option on every bike made by every manufacturer.

Otherwise it seems like an interesting bike. But a bit heavy and a bit underpowered.

Looks like they took the wimpy Dullsville motor and put it up higher in the air. Oooh, and you can get it in automatic. That'll be a big seller.

Honda really, really, really doesn't understand the market.

I am 100% with you Craig!

Looks way better than the strom, and for people that don't need any serious off road ability it is a solid choice. Looks more like a competitor to the Versys if you ask me, in which case I would take this bike over a Versys any day of the week.

Looks like they took the wimpy Dullsville motor and put it up higher in the air. Oooh, and you can get it in automatic. That'll be a big seller.

Honda really, really, really doesn't understand the market.

I think this is a different engine from the Deauville.

Looks way better than the strom, and for people that don't need any serious off road ability it is a solid choice. Looks more like a competitor to the Versys if you ask me, in which case I would take this bike over a Versys any day of the week.

Ever rode a Strom or a Versys? This piece of shit from Honda won't hold a candle to either one of those proven and reliable bikes......and I doubt many will buy it either. The 2012 Strom has had a makeover, it should continue to sell very well and looks much better.

Never been on a strom...can't get past the looks of the thing honestly and I would have no use for its off road capabilities. Been on a 650R (and I liked it) which is pretty similar to a Versys except for the riding position and suspension. I was just speaking subjectively from a looks point of view on the Versys vs. this bike. I'm sure all three bikes have their good/bad points though. For a Honda I was pleasantly shocked at the price, I was expecting 9k or better MSRP on this bike. I am not sure I would opt for the DCT on this bike though, a little too underpowered.

has anyone checked the actual bike out at any of the IMS? It has some very interesting design concepts and I feel its aimed more at the daily commuter and the occassional weekend adventure with the DCT and ABS. The gas tank is built into the subframe under the seat(gas cap under passenger seat), the "traditional tank area" is actually lockable storage large enough to stow a full face helmet and a bit more. Not to mention it's priced pretty well also.

has anyone checked the actual bike out at any of the IMS? It has some very interesting design concepts and I feel its aimed more at the daily commuter and the occassional weekend adventure with the DCT and ABS. The gas tank is built into the subframe under the seat(gas cap under passenger seat), the "traditional tank area" is actually lockable storage large enough to stow a full face helmet and a bit more. Not to mention it's priced pretty well also.

The Aprilia Mana has been out for a few years now...

Someone at Honda must really like the Aprilia Mana 850 GT, not sure, but I don't think the general public shares the same excitement.

http://www.apriliausa.com/en-US/Model/31346/MANA+850+GT+ABS+/Overview.aspx

Agreed. I don't care for the looks of the new Wee, but would ride this.