WTB Mt. Bike

4DAIVI PAI2K5

After moving back to the Midwest, I find myself missing my old hardtail.

I would take a Moots YBB if I could find one but I have been thinking about a carbon rig.

I haven't followed the bike manfs for a good 10 years and the last time I was in a decent bike shop, most of the new rigs were going for over $3k.

Single speeders are tempting but not shifting can cure that desire. Any thoughts or reviews on which way to go for a current hardtail? I am not sold on the benefits of the 29's but then, it didn't think a full suspension would be worth the weight until I got one.

You really owe it to yourself to check out the 29ers. I was a guy that avoided them for a long time. But, when I did, like everyone that I know that did the same thing, I never looked back. They are awesome.

In fact, a lot of hard tails are 29ers anymore. Some really sick ones for sure.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CL is uber-suckish, to the point where I've pretty much given up even looking on it.

Have you looked at what's on the CAMBA site? Maybe join the forum and put out a WTB ad; there might be some people on there with an unadvertised bike that they'd let go.

snip...

My old Cinelli fixed gear is in my attic. I use to live in San Diego and rode at the velodrome there frequently.

Not sure if you heard, but there's a group up in Cleveland that is hoping to get a 166m velodrome up and running this year. I met a couple of the players thru cyclocross last fall; some other racer types in the know are very confident that it will open on schedule. Maybe drag that thing down & reglue your tires..

I tried join a site last night. waiting to be allowed to join.

http://huntington.craigslist.org/bik/2842346295.html what about this one. Has a 19" frame

That's a really good one, man. They retail for about $700 new. He states negotiable and has a car rack and lights. Pretty good deal. There's a good bike place down in Ashland and I would meet the guy there and have them run through it real quick. Have them look it over and see if there is anything needing attention.

Looks as if he never went off road with it!

If you're ever in Columbus, my buddy owns a used bike shop and always has a good selection of bikes. I've only known him for about 35 years, but will vouch for him anyway...

He's also an authorized Fuji dealer, and will give you a great price on anything in their lineup.

I won't post up the name of his shop here, since he's not a sponsor, but PM me if you're interested/will be in C-Bus. :rulez:

If you're ever in Columbus, my buddy owns a used bike shop and always has a good selection of bikes. I've only known him for about 35 years, but will vouch for him anyway...

He's also an authorized Fuji dealer, and will give you a great price on anything in their lineup.

I won't post up the name of his shop here, since he's not a sponsor, but PM me if you're interested/will be in C-Bus. :rulez:

Dude, post up his info. It's bicycles and doesn't conflict with anything on here. Many of us ride bicycles and a contact is a good thing.

Fuji has a really good line up and depending on the deal, he could get into something at a price that would be a lesser bike if buying used or from someone else...

Here's one to look at in that $300-$500 range: Would need a deal to get it down in price... I think this or the Hardrock are good choices...

http://www.fujibikes.com/bike/details/nevada-20-usa2

I'm drooling over this one:

http://www.fujibikes.com/bike/details/slm-29-ltd-sl Think he can work me a good deal on this one? PM me some info if you don't want to post here...

Dude, what you will spend on shipping only to HOPE it is in good shape, you might as well run down to the Trek store or the Specialized store and check out the 4 Series at Trek and the Rockhoppers at Specialized. I am willing to bet the last year models are on sale or they have a demo bike for sale. Also call the Trek stores in Columbus as they usually have some demos and last year stuff around...