WTB Mt. Bike

4DAIVI PAI2K5

you could also check http://www.jensonusa.com/ http://www.hucknroll.com/ and http://www.bikesdirect.com, i believe they ship complete bikes for free

Even Performance Bicycles in Dublin. They are a big internet shop, but carry a few Fuji and GTs that are not crappy. A lot of their bikes are shitty, but there are some good ones in there.

Jenson is a great place.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bought a Specialized Hardrock 29er disc.

Specialized_Hardrock_Disc_29er_Mountain_Bike.jpg

Might upgrade the forks down the road as I think be able to lock them would be a nice option, but these will work until I find some nice used ones.

Anyone know how to set up the susp or if it even matter what the settings are?

29ers are for everyone. It's just they need to change their mindsets. Usually, it is a deal where people are afraid of change... You'll roll over things MUCH easier. However, you do need to keep momentum up vs the 26ers.

The fork can be changed, but a lock out isn't needed on a hardtail that is an XC based machine. I have a Talas fork and will drop it in travel when climbing big climbs and lock out (mostly never lock out) the rear. You'll find that getting a better fork will help on decents and the way it handles over things like roots and rougher terrain. But again, the wheels are going to assist on those things also.

What model and year is that? What component group and such? Looks really nice, man!! Congrats!!!

The rule of thumb of sorts is to set your sag at about 25% of it's travel. I'm not sure on what fork that is and how it is adjustable so, maybe shoot me that info and I would be glad to help.

One thing to keep in mind is that stiffer isn't better. A lot of guys run their stuff super stiff. I know I did. We have a hard core MTB guy in our west office and he has been racing MTB for a long time. He borrowed my Niner when he came out and adjusted the suspension and had me try it out. It was crazy awesome as to how much better it was with softer settings.

Anyways, get some seat time and ride as much as you can. If like me, you will fall in love with the sport.

Check out MTB.com by the way. One of the better MTB sites out there.

its 2011 they took 20% off since it a 2011

Here is the info page on it.

That's a good deal, man. Told ya!!;)

Yeah, you can upgrade and keep adding stuff as you get better at it or outgrow certain things. BUT, realize that around spring and fall, people start selling bikes and you probably will be better off buying a good used steed with the components you want vs building/adding...

You don't want to know how much I had in my build...:eek:

I dont plan to go any where near crazy just want to using it to get into shape and get out side. Maybe haul the boy around behind me on some of the asphalt paths, around here.

Where is the best place to get tubes?

Local bike shop usually. Hell, Meijer or Wally World, also. I run tubeless, so I haven't bought tubes in a while, but usually go into Roll for everything...

Hell, dude, to tell you how popular 29ers are getting, Wally's World is selling 29er bikes now!!:eek:

Yup, they got 'em.

Anyone here go to MTBR.com? I don't think I've seen one for awhile, but last year every other week there was a big 20pg pissing match thread about the WalMart 29ers. Funny stuff.

Only 29er I've ridden to date was an S-Works that retails for I think 7800, at the big MTB festival in Peninsula. Simply incredible coming off my old low end bike.

Looks like a nice ride you got, at a good price, BTW!!

The real fun will start once the mud dries up and we can actually ride on trails again.

yeah we just rode from my house down to the bike path then over to the park came back threw Roscoe and back home... My ass is sore. My buddy has been mt. biking for a while, he said I would be ok as I was jumping everything and playing around on it like it was my old bmx bike haha. I was having a blast!

Late to the game you could have bought my diamondback with front suspension and disc brakes off me I think I have ridden it 10 times in the three years I have had it. Hence my larry the cable guy build LOL! There are a ton of bike paths around me but they are all paved and my bike is not much fun on them. I just don't have time to go find dirt trails to ride so it hangs from the bike hooks all the time unused.

Interesting perspective. It looks nice and dry, too!

Late to the game you could have bought my diamondback with front suspension and disc brakes off me I think I have ridden it 10 times in the three years I have had it. Hence my larry the cable guy build LOL! There are a ton of bike paths around me but they are all paved and my bike is not much fun on them. I just don't have time to go find dirt trails to ride so it hangs from the bike hooks all the time unused.

Yeah the MetroParks have been controlled by Nazi treehuggers for years keeping bikes out of the park since they're so noisy and destructive :wtf:. However, you may not have heard that a new MTB trail is under construction at Royalview (on the pkwy between 130th & 82).

Also, there are decent trails in Medina & Wellington.