ride options

rick37

I hear that there are some great roads in SE Ohio. :wtf:

Seriously, though. I'm working on plans for a 10-day trip to Maine and am finding some great roads as we map out the route. I've been warned that it can get a bit chilly in the Northeast in the Spring. Either go mid-Summer or make sure to bring plenty of layers.

I hear that there are some great roads in SE Ohio. :wtf:

Seriously, though. I'm working on plans for a 10-day trip to Maine and am finding some great roads as we map out the route. I've been warned that it can get a bit chilly in the Northeast in the Spring. Either go mid-Summer or make sure to bring plenty of layers.

Be careful of those off road critters that tend to cross right in front of you....namely Moose. Know how deer eyes reflect in the dark so you can spot them on the edge of the road at night? Moose aren't like that so on the roads in Maine they can just 'appear' right in front of you.

I also recommend a ride to and through the Rockies. Rocky National Park is awesome, so is route 50 through Colorado.

Me, I'd like to ride to the Pacific via rt 50.

• 2 weeks later...

If I had the full 14 days, I think I'd be looking at a mid~late summer ride up to Nova Scotia and then take the ferry over the Newfoundland. With two full weeks you could do the whole thing without putting a tire on an interstate.

Out West would be a fantastic ride as well.

I have never been out west so that would be high on my list as well. Down south is nice but I have done that several times already. If it was late summer I would also not mind the ride up north, if it was not for there BS rules about travel going up there.