Open carry event (maybe)

Tonik

Concealed Carry = A legally recognized, obscure and inconspicuous method of protecting ones self of violent crimes.

Open Carry = Abusing gun laws in an attempt to make a political statement or artificially create an incident to again make a political statement.

People that are seriously interested in personal protection dont open carry.

When concealed carry was illegal in Ohio was it a valid method of protection if one chose to break the law? What if there was no law prohibiting carry of any manor does that make concealed carry a better option?

I'm having a hard time understanding how behaving in a perfectly legal manor is an abuse of a constitutionally protected right.

I can understand how most L.E.O.s aren't interested in protection that's why the dumb fucks open carry, if only someone would show them the error of their ways.

• Upvote 1

One guy openly carrying in a McDonald's is unlikely to change anything about it not being commonplace for people to openly carry weapons casually in Cleveland.

If I was at McDonald's and there was an average joe with an openly carried gun, I'd be on high alert. And for good reason - people just don't do that.

I do! Criminals don't usually carry in a holster. Why be on high alert its our RIGHT!

Concealed Carry = A legally recognized, obscure and inconspicuous method of protecting ones self of violent crimes.

Open Carry = Abusing gun laws in an attempt to make a political statement or artificially create an incident to again make a political statement.

Huh? So because I choose to open carry I am abusing gun laws?

Does the law give me the right to open carry? If so how am I abusing?

Just because I choose to open carry doesn't mean I making a political statement! I open carry because I have the RIGHT to and I choose to!

Nextly which is faster to draw from open or concealed? I am serious about my personal protection and my RIGHT to keep and BEAR arms! You need a reality check "

Chevy if you were a cop what would you do?

Lol. Well if I were a cop, I would know a criminal wouldn't want to announce he has a gun. I might talk to the person and inquire as to what kind of firearm he was carrying and how he liked it.if all went well like I'd expect it to I'd tell him to be safe and have nice dy.

If I had someone transporting a firearm, had had reason to inspect it, I would not cite for ammo being near the gun if all other aspects of transportation were legal.

Lol. Well if I were a cop, I would know a criminal wouldn't want to announce he has a gun. I might talk to the person and inquire as to what kind of firearm he was carrying and how he liked it.if all went well like I'd expect it to I'd tell him to be safe and have nice dy.

If I had someone transporting a firearm, had had reason to inspect it, I would not cite for ammo being near the gun if all other aspects of transportation were legal.

If only you were a cop......... but we all know that all cops hate the constitution and motorcycles. And puppies.

• Upvote 1

This summer about 75 of us open carried in Cleveland Heights to protest their laws, that were in violation of ORC 9.68. So by your definition we were not interested in personal protection and were abusing CH's laws. You are wrong on both accounts.

There would be no concealed carry in Ohio if it wasn't for Open Carry. Concealed carry was passed by Dems and Libs to get us to stop open carrying. We were not abusing any laws, and we did it so we could protect ourselves.

:crackpipe:

I can understand how most L.E.O.s aren't interested in protection that's why the dumb fucks open carry, if only someone would show them the error of their ways.
Huh? So because I choose to open carry I am abusing gun laws?

Does the law give me the right to open carry? If so how am I abusing?

Just because I choose to open carry doesn't mean I making a political statement! I open carry because I have the RIGHT to and I choose to!

Nextly which is faster to draw from open or concealed? I am serious about my personal protection and my RIGHT to keep and BEAR arms! You need a reality check "

This summer about 75 of us open carried in Cleveland Heights to protest their laws, that were in violation of ORC 9.68. So by your definition we were not interested in personal protection and were abusing CH's laws. You are wrong on both accounts.

There would be no concealed carry in Ohio if it wasn't for Open Carry. Concealed carry was passed by Dems and Libs to get us to stop open carrying. We were not abusing any laws, and we did it so we could protect ourselves.

Concealed carry is implemented for those that are concerned with personal protection. Carrying your weapon CONCEALED means that no one knows you have a gun. When you open carry, you are making yourself a target. In the least you are walking around with a valuable item hanging from your hip for all the world to see. In reality its not just a valuable, its a weapon that someone could easily snatch from you and easily use in a violent crime - on you. An untrained person carrying a weapon on their hip is just inviting trouble, its not a shield.

And lets get real, don't even try to draw a similarity between civilians who open carry and LEOs. Do you use a 3-way retention holster when you open carry that is physically attached to your belt? Are you trained on methods for physically removing a weapon from an armed assailant? Do you have a taser, pepper spray, and a baton on you as well to serve as backup weapons? Do you also carry a radio to report your activities to a dispatcher and request backup or medical assistance if needed? Are you wearing a vest under your shirt? And most importantly, no uniform, no badge, you're just some guy walking around with a gun on his belt and no one knows what your intent is, which is where the inciting panic charges come in.

Private property owners have a right to post no weapons allowed, including businesses - deal with it. If I don't want someone walking into my house or business with a gun I have a right to refuse them entry. And if they keep coming anyway, professing their 2nd ammendment rights, they are going to get shot. At some point someone trying to make a political statement regarding Open carry into these establishments is going to get killed, and then we are in a whole 'nother world of shit. Keep it up and there will be a law banning open carry.

If you want to make a political statement for these establishment do it in a way that matters, stop doing business with those places. Otherwise, next time you want to protest McDonald's or whoever, walk in with a sword on your belt instead of a gun.

Edited by kiggy74
  • Downvote 1

Concealed carry is implemented for those that are concerned with personal protection. Carrying your weapon CONCEALED means that no one knows you have a gun. When you open carry, you are making yourself a target. In the least you are walking around with a valuable item hanging from your hip for all the world to see. In reality its not just a valuable, its a weapon that someone could easily snatch from you and easily use in a violent crime - on you. An untrained person carrying a weapon on their hip is just inviting trouble, its not a shield.

And lets get real, don't even try to draw a similarity between civilians who open carry and LEOs. Do you use a 3-way retention holster when you open carry that is physically attached to your belt? Are you trained on methods for physically removing a weapon from an armed assailant? Do you have a taser, pepper spray, and a baton on you as well to serve as backup weapons? Do you also carry a radio to report your activities to a dispatcher and request backup or medical assistance if needed? Are you wearing a vest under your shirt? And most importantly, no uniform, no badge, you're just some guy walking around with a gun on his belt and no one knows what your intent is, which is where the inciting panic charges come in.

Private property owners have a right to post no weapons allowed, including businesses - deal with it. If I don't want someone walking into my house or business with a gun I have a right to refuse them entry. And if they keep coming anyway, professing their 2nd ammendment rights, they are going to get shot. At some point someone trying to make a political statement regarding Open carry into these establishments is going to get killed, and then we are in a whole 'nother world of shit. Keep it up and there will be a law banning open carry.

If you want to make a political statement for these establishment do it in a way that matters, stop doing business with those places. Otherwise, next time you want to protest McDonald's or whoever, walk in with a sword on your belt instead of a gun.

That is the dumbest post I've ever read.... you obviously have no clue about gun laws

I'm not reading this, however the best way to promote your cause is to speak with people who are on the fence about the issue and educate them.

The original posters plan to act like dicks and get a bunch of goofballs to open carry in McDonalds puts the cause back several steps. That McDonalds doesn't want guns in there so what go to another establishment.

I would argue to I am preventing criminal acts against me by open carrying. Is someone going to try and steal my wallet or attack me if they know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am armed? No most criminals want an easy unarmed target like well you.

Most officers I know run a thumb breath holster as their only retension.

I have always been an advocate for some form of hand ho hand training to supplement the firearm

I carry pepper spray as a non lethal deterrenton my keychain.

I carry a cell phone and I can use it to request back up or medical help.

I don't wear a vest but Massad ayoob has said numerous times that the person defending the home should have one beside the bed.

And you are right I'm just a guy with out a badge but I'm.also the first line of defense and not wanting to depend on police when they are 15 min away and some crazy asshole is holdingup the ihop or Denny's I picked for lunch.

I don't carry open either. But I'm not against it. If you dress nice and.don't looked like the scary Guy with a gun you are helping and not hurting. But if you open carry and you are wearing a wife beater with tattoos from your neck to your wrist you are probably hurting the cause more than helping.

Open carry is about turning back the misconceptions that anyone with a gun is up to no good. Its about reintroducing the normalcy of having a firearm in public. We are winning the fight.

Most officers I know run a thumb breath holster as their only retension.

I have always been an advocate for some form of hand ho hand training to supplement the firearm

I carry pepper spray as a non lethal deterrenton my keychain.

I carry a cell phone and I can use it to request back up or medical help.

I don't wear a vest but Massad ayoob has said numerous times that the person defending the home should have one beside the bed.

And you are right I'm just a guy with out a badge but I'm.also the first line of defense and not wanting to depend on police when they are 15 min away and some crazy asshole is holdingup the ihop or Denny's I picked for lunch.

I don't carry open either. But I'm not against it. If you dress nice and.don't looked like the scary Guy with a gun you are helping and not hurting. But if you open carry and you are wearing a wife beater with tattoos from your neck to your wrist you are probably hurting the cause more than helping.

Open carry is about turning back the misconceptions that anyone with a gun is up to no good. Its about reintroducing the normalcy of having a firearm in public. We are winning the fight.

Excellent post!

Concealed carry is implemented for those that are concerned with personal protection.

Why would there be a law against it if it's good for personal protection? Why even regulate it at all?

When you open carry, you are making yourself a target. In the least you are walking around with a valuable item hanging from your hip for all the world to see.

You are a target just because you have something of value on your person, so you would advise against wearing a watch or jewelry?

In reality its not just a valuable, its a weapon that someone could easily snatch from you and easily use in a violent crime - on you. An untrained person carrying a weapon on their hip is just inviting trouble, its not a shield.

Nice theory without any proof but yeah I bet it could happen. Let's see if I can speculate about things as well. Criminals will stay away from someone open carrying to avoid the chance of failure. Criminals pick victims based on chance of success most people who appear to have the means or desire to fight back are avoided.

And lets get real, don't even try to draw a similarity between civilians who open carry and LEOs. Do you use a 3-way retention holster when you open carry that is physically attached to your belt? Are you trained on methods for physically removing a weapon from an armed assailant? Do you have a taser, pepper spray, and a baton on you as well to serve as backup weapons? Do you also carry a radio to report your activities to a dispatcher and request backup or medical assistance if needed? Are you wearing a vest under your shirt?

But yet they still open carry. "If they were really concerned about protection they would conceal carry."

L.E.O.s have and utilize all of the equipment described because they arrest people and that produces very erratic behavior. I'm going to let a criminal go about their business if they are no longer a threat; I'm not the one who is going to lock them up. Don't start none won't be none.

And most importantly, no uniform, no badge, you're just some guy walking around with a gun on his belt and no one knows what your intent is, which is where the inciting panic charges come in.

Again, nice theory without any supporting evidence. You can be charged with inducing panic behaving in a lawful manor. You could induce panic showing up all thugged out walking while black in some rich lily white neighborhood but you're not getting charge with it.

Private property owners have a right to post no weapons allowed, including businesses - deal with it. If I don't want someone walking into my house or business with a gun I have a right to refuse them entry.

Absolutely couldn't agree more. My personal property rights on my personal property trumps your constitutional rights.

And if they keep coming anyway, professing their 2nd ammendment rights, they are going to get shot. At some point someone trying to make a political statement regarding Open carry into these establishments is going to get killed, and then we are in a whole 'nother world of shit. Keep it up and there will be a law banning open carry.

Who is going to shoot these people if there are no firearms permitted? A trained L.E.O. that knows the law or someone else carrying that thinks they should be the only one. You appear to be living in some fantasy world imagining situations that could happen when there is plenty of antidotal evidence to prove otherwise.

Can't do that, it would be illegal.

I don't think he is against tattoos. I think his point was more if you dress act like a law abiding citizen, people are less likely to pay you any attention while open carrying.

Honestly most people don't even notice I have a firearm on my side. Once in a while one person follows my every move. I get a lot more compliments from other gun owners than anything else. I've heard kids tell their patents "mommy mommy that man has a gun OJ his belt" so far I've heard the parents say something along the lines of "so what." I ignore the firearm when its on my side though. You won't see me looking at it, messing with it, adjusting it, etc. I carry openly with confidence because I know the law, and follow the law.