Open carry event (maybe)

Tonik

Would you like to try and get my gun from me while I am open carrying? Lets meet at a range or somewhere I will unloaded my firearm, you can confirm its unloaded and lets see if you get it out if its holster. ......

What makes you think that any criminal trying to take your gun is going to do any of the following?:

1. Come at you from where you can see them.

2. Make you aware that they want your gun before they try to take it.

3. Not just shoot you first so they can pull their new gun from your dead body while you lay motionless on the ground.

This isn't the wild west, this is the real world. I think you need to open your mind a little to the different scenarios in which this attack would occur.

When you are concealed, you have options. When you are open, all your cards are already on the table and you'd better be ready.

Open carry serves the purpose of letting everyone around know you are armed. IMO this doesn't mean that you are secure.

Concealed carry allows you to remain inconspicuously armed and prepared, but also leaves you options as to if and how you are going to engage a threat in a critical threat.

You are reiterating my exact point in response to this post....

My point is in total agreement with you if you take a sec to read it again. There is no definition of what a threatening people look like, nor is there a dress code. Nor should anyone be mis-perceived as a threat just because of the way they choose to dress, their race, or the fact that they like tattoos.

Good luck if you try to use these criteria to assess whether or not the person walking by you with a gun on their belt is a threat or not. All of the 9/11 terrorists were well-dressed, professional looking people with box cutters on them, and were all screened by airport security, and look how that turned out.

The fact is that in the current state of society, any non-LEO who walks around openly armed is perceived as a threat. The gun movement has to be sensitive to this as well. Shoving it down people's throats with Starbucks sit-ins or by showing up armed at McDonald's as was described by the OP isn't doing anyone any favors IMO.

I cleared up my message in a later post.

It's clear that the big supporters of open carry here are just running their mouth. If they actually did what they said they'd be all over the news like those morons in Beavercreek in the video linked above.

And that is the second dumbest post I've ever read

The funnies is that everyone keep calling them open carry holster instead of a owb holster. Dont mind me I am in a stupid mood from lack of sleep today and clean puke up all last night "carry on"...

My main owb holster is a concealed holster?

The funnies is that everyone keep calling them open carry holster instead of a owb holster. Dont mind me I am in a stupid mood from lack of sleep today and clean puke up all last night "carry on"...

Open Carry = Not Concealed, easily visible regardless of type of holster.

OWB = Holster type, Outside Waistband vs Inside waistband

There are outside waistband concealed holsters.

It's clear that the big supporters of open carry here are just running their mouth. If they actually did what they said they'd be all over the news like those morons in Beavercreek in the video linked above.

Follow me around I open carry all the time! I carry a sig 229 in a blackhawk serpa RH, and two mags weakside in blackhawk open top single mag carriers, jeans, tucked in tshirt, and tennis shoes. I open carry without fear to the mall, Walmart, gas stations, hone depot, soccer games, city Parks,restaurants, etc.

Where would you like to meet to try and disarm me while I am open carrying. For safety we will both ensure the firearm is not loaded! You run your mouth now walk the walk!

The only reason you can carry at all in a Cleveland Heights city park is because I and 60 other 'morons' open carried in one of their parks this summer. Then we put our money where our mouth is and sued the piss out of them. I tossed in a hundred bucks towards the lawyer fees.

You are welcome dumbass.

• Upvote 1

Follow me around I open carry all the time! I carry a sig 229 in a blackhawk serpa RH, and two mags weakside in blackhawk open top single mag carriers, jeans, tucked in tshirt, and tennis shoes. I open carry without fear to the mall, Walmart, gas stations, hone depot, soccer games, city Parks,restaurants, etc.

Where would you like to meet to try and disarm me while I am open carrying. For safety we will both ensure the firearm is not loaded! You run your mouth now walk the walk!

That's bullshit until you prove it. You don't openly carry at "the mall, Walmart, gas stations, hone depot, soccer games, city Parks,restaurants, etc."

At Kiggy: Just gonna chime in for a second at work so I can't really reply to this one.

So if I were to open carry and wearing a wife beater keep in mind that I'm black. I would be minding my own business and still perceived as a threat because I have a gun out in plain sight. How does this make sense to Joe blow wearing a decent outfit and causing a ruckus? While I myself have by no means conveyed that I'm a threat. Its easy to pull the race card but make sure to have a valid example. Given I have no idea what color you are. My two cents

As long as the "wife beater" is tucked in you will be fine.:D