Bike won't start

Saacattack

So again, another problem, but this time, with no rain or water getting in the tank. I rode my bike for about 30 minutes earlier and everything was fine. Was at home for about an hour and went to go ride to work and wouldn't start. I pull in the clutch and hit the ignition and it clicks once and nothing. I've turned it off and back on and still nothing. Any ideas why might this have happened or how to fix it?

sounds to me like battery terminal connection problems. I'd take them off clean clamps and terminals real good then tighten them down nice and snug. that would be my first thing to do.

Could be bank angle sensor? My rc did that when the fuel pump was bad. Although it sat for 3yrs before I bought it and didn't start when I bought it. Online searching told me to check wire harness going to the pump the bank angle sensor then the rc had two relays in the tail to check 1 for the fuel pump and the other for the bank angle sensor. I checked it all but like I said it was a bad pump. Did you just get it out of storage, if so how was it winterized? Do you hear the pump prime when you turn the key on? There should be a simple way to check for FI codes just do a quick Google search. Also this may sound dumb but is the bike in neutral with the ign switch on?

If its the pump it would at least crank wouldn't it? it's not doing that. So here's the rundown of the bike over winter so we might be able to eliminate questions lol

Since I have had the bike, which I got it towards the End of Nov., I did not winterize it because if it's sunny out, I'm taking it our regardless of how cold it is. At one point when it was raining a shit ton it was left in a rain outside my apartment and water seeped into the tank and it wouldn't start, but it would crank. I got the fluid drained and put fresh gas in the tank and walla, she was running. After that I had put the bike in a garage(none heated) and would start it once a week and would also ride it about once a week for at least 20-30 minutes. No problems, minus cold finger tips. I recently moved it to my parents house(a warmer setting but no heaters) because I got rid of the other garage. It had been there for a few days and then since it was nice today I got her out and rode for about 30 minutes. In that time, I stopped and got food, and she started back up just fine. Rode home and was there for about an hour and walked back out and wouldn't start. I pulled in the clutch hit the ignition and nothing but a click...not even cranking(my guess is that it's electrical), I tried again a few hour later and same thing. A simple click, and not cranking.

I would check the voltage with a multi-meter on the starter while a second person hits the starter switch. If you get 12V that means you have bad starter. No voltage means bad starter relay (which makes that clicking sound) or ignition switch (unlikely). Of course given you checked all wires/connections between it all. There might be a bad fuse too. Im a Car mechanic. Good Luck! Starters can go bad from one moment to the other... there is no telling. Let us know what it was

Everything lights up just fine. I just got home and tried it again. Same thing, lights are on, go to start, one click and still not cranking/starting. What's the relay?
I would check the voltage with a multi-meter on the starter while a second person hits the starter switch. If you get 12V that means you have bad starter. No voltage means bad starter relay (which makes that clicking sound) or ignition switch (unlikely). Of course given you checked all wires/connections between it all. There might be a bad fuse too. Im a Car mechanic. Good Luck! Starters can go bad from one moment to the other... there is no telling. Let us know what it was

^^ The starter relay is the relay Mike and I are talking about - follow the positive battery cable and you will find it between the battery and starter. Also, like Mike is saying to check voltage at the starter when the start button is thumbed - if it reads 12v at the starter then thats probably your culprit - if you dont get 12v at the starter when the buttons hit, its then probably the relay. Mine failed on my last bike but before I knew that, I'd pulled the starter apart and cleaned the commutator and brushes only to put it back in and still not crank. If you dont have a mutli-meter, pick one up to test circuit continuity / voltage / amperage / etc.......they're cheap at Harbor Freight but a very valuable tool to have. Good luck man!

I'm thinking it's my battery. I started taking it apart and i turned the key and my headlights were real dim and then I looked at the gauge and those were dim and faded. So I'm going to charge it and see if that was the problem.