New shoes for the Suburban

TwiztedRabbit

well tax refund was pretty decent soo.. we are getting the bikes track body work painted and i gots the Suburban some new shoes, and a bull gaurd.

just wanted to show it off is all :)

20" KMC Rockstars(yeah i nkow tons have them.. i dont care i like em)

285 50r20 Cooper LTZ all terrain tires( thought about going to a full 33" but didnt)

Generic Bull gaurd(looks like westin works perfect)

Cheapo Fog Lamps(will get some PIAA or KC's shortly i actually just had these laying around from my old jeep)

2012-03-03_13-35-36_48.jpg

2012-03-03_13-35-23_696.jpg

no i didn't i can fit up to a 33 without a lift tho it would rub just slightly(not enough to catch or snag) on the inner fender well plastic that was partly why i stayed with the 285. that and towing the more weight with the wheels and tires and all that jazz

old ones were stock 16's with Bf goodrich Rugged terrains i will be keeping them for the winter as they are really only 8-9 months old

Gotcha.

I was hoping for a set of new OEM 18's or 20's. I've been looking at Escalade or Burban / Yukon rims, but for the price people are asking for OEM used rims, I might as well go with aftermarket new.

Gotcha.

I was hoping for a set of new OEM 18's or 20's. I've been looking at Escalade or Burban / Yukon rims, but for the price people are asking for OEM used rims, I might as well go with aftermarket new.

I got my Z-71 rims for $250 w/good tires that I mounted on my old rims and sold them for $250. Had them PC'd and got new tires for them. Nice rims and tires for less than a set of aftermarket rims.

thanks everyone. unfortunantly ive been having issues from day one with them... their is a nasty vibration feels like it is not balanced correctly.. i have had them rebalanced 3 times the first 2 times they even stated the balance was wrong. haha now i still have it tho it is better than before. we are now waiting on 2 new tires to see if they are the issue.

1. yes the wheels are straight and true.

2. no its not the aggressive tread pattern i never had that issue with the more aggressive mud terrains

3. no i dont need an alignment it was done the weekbefore all the steering links were checked during..

suggestions?

FYI, those are pretty soft sidewall tires, that could be leading to some of the vibration. It also could just be the steering needs a dampener now. I run a dual steering dampner due to my 35s, and trust me, I can't imagine without it. Maybe check into one of those, usually pretty easy and quick to install. I think you could do it in your drive if needed.

^ i thought about this but i didnt go any larger than the stock height on the tires.. the only thing that changed was the width 265 to a 285... so i dont get it..

and its not just the steering wheel its the whole truck.. meaning theresa can feel it in the passenger seat

Edited by TwiztedRabbit

New wheel/tire combo heavier than stock? I'm thinking the stabilizer might be the way to go. There used to be a shop downtown that had the capability to balance the tires on the vehicle. Also an option.