67 in a 55 WTF?!

Tonik

State trooper just wrote me for 12 over on 7 not far from Gallipolis. Still can't believe it. First time in my entire life I have been pulled over on my bike. I think he was in training, a few little mistakes, very young and had a partner. Don't recall ever seeing state with a partner . At least he didn't freak when I told him I was armed.

This was a holiday weekend. On holiday weekends you watch your speed.

When you don't watch your speed or pay attention to your surrounding on holiday weekends you get a ticket.

DPS and local LEO shops gets federal funds on holiday weekends to put every trooper, Sherrif and the like on the roads with zero tolerance instructions.

Not to mention an election coming up, which means at least double the number of tickets in some areas. To generate revenue.

Rt 7 along the river is pretty much known to be not tolerant of any more than ten over.

When you don't watch your speed or pay attention to your surrounding on holiday weekends you get a ticket.

DPS and local LEO shops gets federal funds on holiday weekends to put every trooper, Sherrif and the like on the roads with zero tolerance instructions.

^^^^^this

Don't reenact scenes from Platoon with Charlie Sheen.

• Upvote 1

:nono:

Umm, what holiday?

I'm a lifelong resident of the Rt 7 / Gallia area. Don't go more than 5-7 over or they WILL get you down here. We're always amazed at the speeds you can get away with elsewhere in Ohio. And, as far as the concealed carry, they would probably be more surprised if you DIDN'T carry! I mean, doesn't everyone have a gunrack on their sissy bar? :-P

• Upvote 1

You are typically safe at 10 and under. 11 and over, you stand a good chance of getting a ticket. They are just doing their job. You were speeding on a two lane road along the river with blind turns and numerous driveways. 12 over is a fair reason to pull you over.

Newbie or not, it isn't the reason they went after you... You start a thread for something that if you look at it with a neutral mindset, you'd see it isn't really that big a deal. Certainly not enough to start a thread on a public forum with the mentality of WTF...

My first ever ticket was 62 in a 55..but i was a juvie

My first was for 88 in a 55 and participating in a speed contest. :) oh and I was s juvenile. I might have got another 88 in a 55 a year or so later. :) I pretty much keep under the radar anymore, tickets and higher insurance rates get expensive.

I see no issue here! Speed and you get a ticket big surprise. 56 in a 55 is breaking the law. The sign doesn't read 55ish it is 55, anything over 55 they can ticket you. Just because most cops give you 10 doesn't mean all will.

Edited by crb