Best Intercom System?

bacchus

I've done the searching of both the site and the interwebs, but I'm interested in YOUR experience.

I would like a system that integrates well with and Android phone, is reliable and pairs quickly and can be used mostly for music (mp3's or pandora or FM), GPS directions. Ease of use so my little girl can chat with me on rides and occasionally to chat rider to rider.

Scala teamset pro has a range of about 20-30' so it's best for rider-passenger, not bike-to-bike. It will bluetooth to my droidx for phone calls, but NOT for mp3 music.

Music comes by way of a plug-in headphone jack that I have hooked to a cheap sony radio in the clear top of my tank bag, routed through a "Boostaroo" inline amplifier. The headset speakers are then loud enough to play radio through my earplugs just fine.

I have the Scala Rider Teamset Pro. It's a rider-to-passenger system. There is the Scala Rider Multiset setup that's bike to bike, plus does a bit more than the Teamset Pro. Multiset should have the same quality as the Teamset does.

I use the Teamset pro for talking with my wife or my son (depending on who is riding with me at the time). Sound is good; there's a little wind noise transmitted but it's subjective and depends on the helmet, riding situation and speed, location of mic, etc... I'm very happy with the sound quality, volume, and ability to have two way conversations (not like walkie talkies).

The boom mic isn't too obtrusive in my full face, but I definitely notice it. Space is lessened for me due to a foam air flow piece at the front of the chin area, but this is a helmet issue, not a boom mic issue. In my wife's helmet without the foam in the chin area, she has plenty of room for the boom mic.

-b

a little product info, im actually getting ready to post this in the sponsor section (just did lol check it out http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?p=809139#post809139)

The INTERPHONE F5 is designed for motorcyclists who like to travel in pairs or groups, and provides conference-type communication for 6 or more users. Even on different motorcycles the INTERPHONE F5 is equipped with multimedia capabilities, thanks to its FM radio with RDS and wired connections with MP3 players (iPod) and Bluetooth® connections with A2DP profile. The INTERPHONE F5 is equipped with TTS (Text To Speech), which provides status messages and ensures maximum comfort and total safety during use. The INTERPHONE F5 is available in single and paired versions, and is easily installed on any type of helmet.

CONNECTION CAPABILITIES

Intercom, with other INTERPHONE F5 users

Mobile (also through GPS Bluetooth®)

GPS Bluetooth® navigator

Stereo music, with A2DP profile and AVRCP control

Wired, with devices equipped with a 3.5 mm jack

MOBILE PHONE FUNCTIONS

Earset and handsfree profiles

A2DP/AVRCP profile for MP3-equipped Smartphone

Voice-activated call/answer/call rejection commands

Last number redialing

GPS

Compatible with most GPS Bluetooth® navigators

Instructions for navigating with GPS

INTERCOMUNICAZIONE

Conference among 2 users on 2 motorcycles up to 1.300 m

Conference among 3 users on 3 motorcycles up to 1.600 m

Conference among 4 users on 4 motorcycles up to 1.800 m

Conference among 5 users on 5 motorcycles up to 2.000 m

Conference among 6 users on 6 motorcycles up to 2.400 m

BUILT IN FM RADIO:

Tuning range: 87.5 Mhz to 108 Mhz

RDS

8-station memory

Automatic muting when phone call is received

Features

Bluetooth® 3.0

Software can be updated from a PC

Talk time: 11 hours

Stand-by time: over 700 hours

Charging time: 3 hours

Compatible with models in the INTERPHONE F product line

Voice control of functions (TTS)

Noise-suppressed microphone

Automatic volume control with AGC technology

Lithium battery

IP67 waterproof with documented certification

Installs on any type of helmet

Quick-release mechanism

CE, FCC , IC , bluetooth® certifications

Dimensions: 9 x 4,5 x 2 (cm)

Weight: 55g

Included accessories

1ACTION 3M adhesive slide support

1ACTION sliding clamp clip

Hi-Fi stereo speakers

Universal boom microphone

Full-Face comfort microphone (NEW!)

Mains battery charger

Fastening kit

User manual

It has the longest talk and standby time of any bluetooth intercom that i have seen

also it has the best range ive seen

and several features that other models dont have, such as tect to speech and voice activation

i checked them out at the Indy dealer show when i was there, i am a dealer for them now, and im actually getting ready to buy a dual kit for me and my wife.

Edited by Hoblick

in addition, they have a handlebar mount switch that is coming out shortly (or may be out already) that allows you to control every function of the unit! which i think is a huuuge selling point, no more touching the side of your helmet, never take your hand off the bar.

I jus set up my sena smh10 I got from Nate at riders discount yesterday and love it. Called my mom on the way to work heard her clear, had pandora blasting and it had a 10 hour battery. It work well with my android galaxy s2.. Best price out there for quality too if u call Nate.

I've been using the Sena SMH10 for several years now and am very pleased with it. Clear intercom, phone and it integrates very well with my iPhone so I'm sure it would with an android. We get about 1/4 mile bike to bike range with it which is really nice. a full charge will last a 600 mile day using intercom and music. They have a new SM5 out which seems to do all you want and is even more affordable.