Moto Series Round 1: April 27-29

APCh8r

Well, way faster than Craig and he others. They really clog shit up. :D

I'd say if you can pull sub :30 at Nelson, do it. It's different for every track due to line of site, length of the track etc.

If a 1:40 at Nelson, you're not going to be racing anyone and will struggle with the fact you will get passed no less than 3 times every race.

Look, I've been lapped by everyone from a top WERA National guy to Heroes I admire in AMA. It's part of it all at every level.

But, if I were lapped 3 times in a pro level race, I'd be black flagged. That is a saftey issue solely. The fast guys are just like any other group. There is a battle within that group. 3 guys blitzing 30 seconds faster in a group can lead to serious issues for everyone.

It's. I different if a novice rider enters an advanced group for a track day. It's not safe. Everyone starts somewhere. I did, you did, even Ben Spies did. But, going out in a class where you are well below the pace is just adding more danger to an already dangerous sport.

I'm running high 23s so I figure that I'll be a back marker

That time shouldn't be an issue.

Todd and the crew usually have you run a transponder at some point of race school to check times to make sure everyone is within the range (wether permitting). I think they still do this, John or somone that took it in the dry could chime in on that one.

That time shouldn't be an issue.

Todd and the crew usually have you run a transponder at some point of race school to check times to make sure everyone is within the range (wether permitting). I think they still do this, John or somone that took it in the dry could chime in on that one.

Yeah we ran it for 2 sessions in the PM. By that time however, I was dying and cramping worse than a 15 yr old girl on PMS.

Running a 23 isn't an issue and actually if you're already running a 23 after just starting last year, I'd say you are running pretty solid/fast. Are you running a true lap timer or just going off a bike triggered lap timer you start/stop, or estimating by what lap traffic is running?

Yeah we ran it for 2 sessions in the PM. By that time however, I was dying and cramping worse than a 15 yr old girl on PMS.

Running a 23 isn't an issue and actually if you're already running a 23 after just starting last year, I'd say you are running pretty solid/fast. Are you running a true lap timer or just going off a bike triggered lap timer you start/stop, or estimating by what lap traffic is running?

Actual lap timer

You vagina, you have the pace.

I don't think so, especially when Jeff and Brian start showing up. 120% with those two knuckleheads is really going to throw the curve off severely and not in my favor!

I have a lap timer coming soon so I'll at least be able to gage where I'm at time wise so I can start seeing if my boy Drew can help me and we can get the bet won.

Don't worry about the 120% stuff, if you are under 1:30 you are fine.

Bingo. Under 1:30 (good guess huh?) is totally good. Understand one important thing that I actually learned from hero Doug Chandler. We were at Road Atlanta and I hosed the exit of five. I go to look over my shoulder to see where the fast guys were in the practice session. chandler passed me on top of the rumble strips.

I went to see him and apologized for screwing his line up and told him I just dirt want to be in the way. His response? "race in from of you. Don't worry about behind you. If you race forward, you'll be fine.".

In other words, race YOUR race and just be smooth and consistent. We will get around you.

Unless you are Craig... Then, we will go THROUGH you. :D

As for the 120% that is for all motoseries tracks except nelsons, the 1:30 is more like 115%. This would be more of an average lap time also, not a flying lap. Consistency is the key, being all over the place is way worse than being off pace.

One of these days I might have a shot at stuffing brian into a corner and believe me he has it coming.

As for the 120% that is for all motoseries tracks except nelsons, the 1:30 is more like 115%. This would be more of an average lap time also, not a flying lap. Consistency is the key, being all over the place is way worse than being off pace.

One of these days I might have a shot at stuffing brian into a corner and believe me he has it coming.

You've been playin XBox again, haven't you? Don't forget to wake up early for Nelson and not fall asleep dreaming like you are right now.

:)

That just happened.

You've been playin XBox again, haven't you? Don't forget to wake up early for Nelson and not fall asleep dreaming like you are right now.

:)

That just happened.

I just got real hard. Is this some trash talking going back and forth? Man I can't wait for this shit. Now I may have to ask my Fiance' for my man card and partake in this first weekend at Nelson.

I've only stuffed a couple guys, but that's not saying much being in the I group. So all I need to do basically is go teens or better at Beaver or .20's at Nelsons and my pace would be okay for racing.

I just though of something interesting to try on a track day. Get a staffer/faster friend and play some leap frog, only have the faster guy try to get around you at different areas of the track. This would do a couple things, prep you for getting passed by faster riders so you get used to it and not get spooked. It can also get you feed back on line selections and consistency on the track. Two important things that go into making a decent average racer.

Now if that damn Drew would get his own ride and I could put that into action. Craig's going to be so close to Brian this season that Brian will need to buy a bigger suit so it will fit him and Craig at the same time.

I just got real hard. Is this some trash talking going back and forth? Man I can't wait for this shit. Now I may have to ask my Fiance' for my man card and partake in this first weekend at Nelson.

You better suck it up too there cupcake! You're name in on the same list with everyone else's here.

:stirpot:

You better suck it up too there cupcake! You're name in on the same list with everyone else's here.

:stirpot:

Def want to bro. Remember stuffing isn't passing, it's pissing people off that will beat your ass in the pits LOL. Wait, that's just dirt track racing, I get confused when I drink about if I hard to rough up at a bike track or late model track.

But for real, I've been stuffed, I've been passed inside, outside, etc. Your thinking about riding leap frog, is a good one in regards to working on passing and getting passed. My thought is this though, basically that is just bumping to A and being the slow new guy. I figure my first few sessions in MS I'll run Int see how the bike feels and then try to run some A before too long. I didn't run any last season but feel like this season I should pretty early.

I just though of something interesting to try on a track day. Get a staffer/faster friend and play some leap frog, only have the faster guy try to get around you at different areas of the track. This would do a couple things, prep you for getting passed by faster riders so you get used to it and not get spooked. It can also get you feed back on line selections and consistency on the track. Two important things that go into making a decent average racer.

Dude, Justin up at grattan did this for me last year. He said he would follow me and any where that I was going to slow he would either pull up beside me or pass me. After he went through he would wave me past again. It was amazing seeing how much faster he was at corner entry on the brakes. It was a great teaching tool and took about 3 seconds off of my times there.

we should make a "my first race" thread.

i'm sure some lulz could be had.

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=1943141

I lapped a few people and was not lapped myself, which was my main goal in a 20-lap race.

I missed the halfway flag and spent the last 5 or 6 laps thinking "this HAS to be the last lap, right?" I puked in my mouth a little around lap 17, looked over my shoulder to see that no one was there, and nursed it home.

I have a pic of my individual lap times somewhere on my phone too.