Moto Series Round 1: April 27-29

APCh8r

So my tire warmers arrived yesterday, can I get dibs on a spot on someone's generator for Sunday? (I'm being optimistic and assuming it'll be dry enough to need them.)

I can offer gasses and free rides. On the scooter.

I can offer up my generator that I use for my trailer since I don't use it during the day.

For $399 a set for the new 211s is an amazing deal and you really need to consider them over the Stones. Stones are a great entry level tire. But, if you have set up questions, not many guys to ask. Dunlop? A LOT of guys will be running them... just sayin...

But then you have to run dunlops. :p

But then you have to run dunlops. :p

True, true. But, I did get a TON of guys switched to Michelins when on them. I really believe in the Dunlops and since you and I know we get a really good deal on Michelins, it isn't about the sponsorship. I actually feel thy are a better tire. Plus, the trackside support is the biggest thing for me. Dunlop is good peeps.

You will actually get trackside support and info moreso on Dunlops than any other brand for sure. Setup is SOOOOO important for tires. Not only to get the longest life out of them, but also for the best performance possible.

I've not ridden the new BStones. But, have in the past and know a few buddies who have ridden the newest ones. Same with Michelin.

It's all about supporting the organization also. I think supporting Todd is the biggest thing here. Unless you are directly sponsored, buying at the track is the best form of support behind fees.

Dunno. Rant over... Back to the gayness.:D

Can probably take me off the trackday list for Saurday due to schedule. I'll be arriving Saturday night most likely and only racing Sunday. May do the mini 20 also with missing Sat.

Dude for real? This was like the only reason I was considering going, unless KTM Goes up Saturday early to run some.... I gotta check what the Putnam trip costs first though. Maybe I'll sell some sperm and plasma this week to make up for the wedding draining my race/track funds.

I'm still getting the bike in working order and have to get it setup. Changed some suspension stuff and the front master gave out at Jennings...so I went with a Brembo. So i need to get use to that change also once I get it all installed.

We could switch and you can take mine to Nelson and I'll take yours to Putnam :D

Dude for real? This was like the only reason I was considering going, unless KTM Goes up Saturday early to run some.... I gotta check what the Putnam trip costs first though. Maybe I'll sell some sperm and plasma this week to make up for the wedding draining my race/track funds.

I am going for sure Saturday weather permitting. I think only my son is coming so, there is certainly room and we can share the cost of the room if ya wanna.

I'd like to leave early saturday morning. I could possibly leave Friday night, but prefer to leave in the morning to avoid hotel costs...

Let me know

Cool dude, I'll be in touch when I look at some things. Had a few family things pop up in the last week too, so theres some unexpected costs, possibly twice as much as previously thought.

Anyways, I'll holla.

EDIT: Also anytime I go with anyone, we have free lodging about 20/30 mins away. Not right around the corner, but even with fuel costs I got that covered too. My friends live pretty close and they have plenty of room, no bed sharing, well wait..... I might need a snuggle buddy.

Guys, why would you settle for lesser quality when the prices are really close? I am not sure on that mentality. Buying older Dunlop componds, settling for BStones, etc... $399 a set for the newest Dunlops? Hard to beat that price and with free mounting and supporting the race org...

Plus, it is pretty taboo to bring tires to the track and ask to have them mounted...

Whichever tires I run I plan to buy trackside.

For someone like me a slightly better tire isn't going to make me any faster. The only thing that will is more seat time and I'd rather spend the money on an extra race. I'm currently running power pures, so any race tire is going to be a big step up for me.

Thus why I am seriously looking at the bstone 003's.

Or if you like dunlops that much, ask if they can find leftover 209's. Those should be less than the 211's. As I understand it, the BT003's are "leftover" as well. The R10's are the premier tire now.

for track day/instructing use, i'm not out pacing my Q2's as long as I'm not running at pace for more than 15 minutes at a time (after that, they start getting all squiggly like lol). Are the last gen dunlops any good? i know the dunlop guy was clearing them out last year, wonder if they're still doing that this year? i also still have my pilot races, so i'll burn those up first before I buy anything, but I'm starting to think about it. craig, you'll have to tell me how you like those pirelli's.