Moto Series Round 1: April 27-29

APCh8r

Fling what? :cry:

Actually I'm hanging out with some friends from CLE this weekend coming to Cbus to see family and he does window tint so getting the fiance's Escape and my truck redone.

Lives on the north west side, forget where. Rocky Fork or something with a quarry around it lol.

Rocky River? I dunno, I'm an east sider.

What's that gotta do with making it to the track the 28-29?

Probably. I know my slow ass doesn't need them but I wanna try them. I think it'll be a confidence booster more than anything. I was spinning/sliding those Pures last year at beaver in turn 5 more than I was comfortable with.

Which tires are you going to run?

I'm not sure but I don't think just any vendor can get the race tires. (for any brand) usually only the track side guys carry them. Another benefit is most of the track side guys I've talked to offer free mounting if you buy the tires from them.

Because the R10 is expensive and Brandon's price on the 003 pros has me planning to run them this year.

Think Dunlop 209, but cheaper. I think it moved.

Who is this Brandon guy you speak of and what are his prices?

As far as I know I don't have any good deals on tires, lol.

I'm not sure but I don't think just any vendor can get the race tires. (for any brand) usually only the track side guys carry them. Another benefit is most of the track side guys I've talked to offer free mounting if you buy the tires from them.

Yeah if you buy tires at the events for Moto Series you will get free mounting, so that is something to consider. That is a $30-$40 difference potentially, also if you only have one set of wheels you have to consider if you need to switch from multiple tires. If you are going to have to go from races to rains on one set, you could be changing multiple times in a day, prime example would be some of the days we had last year.

Gotcha, Nick. I don't plan on running warmers anytime this season so I want something that will obviously warm up quickly and provide a little longevity.

I've run Pures, Q2's, and 003RS' (on street only).

Yeah all three of those would be comparable, just different brands verison of their dual compound street/track tires.

003 and GP-A is a great choice. N-tec if you want to win lmao.

You can watch a good number of guys break track records on GPA-211s. N-Tecs are damn good, but the fact is that the new Dunlop compounds are really good.

For $399 a set for the new 211s is an amazing deal and you really need to consider them over the Stones. Stones are a great entry level tire. But, if you have set up questions, not many guys to ask. Dunlop? A LOT of guys will be running them... just sayin...

Guys, why would you settle for lesser quality when the prices are really close? I am not sure on that mentality. Buying older Dunlop componds, settling for BStones, etc... $399 a set for the newest Dunlops? Hard to beat that price and with free mounting and supporting the race org...

Plus, it is pretty taboo to bring tires to the track and ask to have them mounted...