April 7 Ride: Early feeler

NinjaDoc

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I won't be making it today either. Woke up, got the bike out, and the front brakes have air in them... I don't think I will be able to bleed them in time to meet you at Cadiz. Have fun and be safe guys

reached hom safe,

i broke away from the ride half way as i got scurred with 2 near bad oh shit moments,

dayum, was testing my luck with completely worn out tires, and first time it skid i was like oky slow and steady, second time the whole bike wobbled real bad, that was a stain the linen limit. took off to home at or below speed limit, on monday the first thing is change tires :D

reached hom safe,

i broke away from the ride half way as i got scurred with 2 near bad oh shit moments,

dayum, was testing my luck with completely worn out tires, and first time it skid i was like oky slow and steady, second time the whole bike wobbled real bad, that was a stain the linen limit. took off to home at or below speed limit, on monday the first thing is change tires :D

glad you made it back okay. home myself.

i think i was psychologically more unstable once all u guys said i was crazy to ride with that tire, never felt 100% after that, kept looking down at the rear and checking tire pressure after that on return ride lol

guess all had a good ride, the day was beautiful and perfect for gopro footage :( missed it

I've ridden on tires like that, but it wasn't a group ride with those types of roads with that pace...

that being said, i have never liked dunlops in the first place, and the only trouble i've ever had with tire traction was with a qualifier.

Good to hear everyone made it home safely. I woke up with some really bad stomach cramps and didn't start feeling well until about 2 PM.

I took the Duc out for a spin down on 212/39/542/212 after I was able to eat something just to get some fresh air and lost the right side fairing in probably the most freakish way. It flew off of the bike barely missing my head on I-77 North near the Portage exit. It is now lying in itty bitty pieces on the shoulder.....whiskey tango foxtrot.

When Pauly sees that tire,he is gonna spank you.

If Pauly was there we would have been pulling him off of Doc!

Home safe, good ride, thanks again!

We hit some more roads on the way home...Never enough I guess... I got home just before dark.

Good to hear everyone made it home safely. I woke up with some really bad stomach cramps and didn't start feeling well until about 2 PM.

I took the Duc out for a spin down on 212/39/542/212 after I was able to eat something just to get some fresh air and lost the right side fairing in probably the most freakish way. It flew off of the bike barely missing my head on I-77 North near the Portage exit. It is now lying in itty bitty pieces on the shoulder.....whiskey tango foxtrot.

I use to have the same problem>>>>>>>>>>>>after I went thru menopause the cramps went away. Until then............More fiber.

i think i was psychologically more unstable once all u guys said i was crazy to ride with that tire, never felt 100% after that

lol brings back memories of last june's trip to deals gap

wow bad, the vfr is so hard to ride twisty compared to Zxr, may be becaus it was my first day on real twist with it. Hopefully i can get used to it, but i kind of loved the 2 up ride on that more than the one up ride, infact i think i felt better control with 2 up.

wow bad, the vfr is so hard to ride twisty compared to Zxr, may be becaus it was my first day on real twist with it. Hopefully i can get used to it, but i kind of loved the 2 up ride on that more than the one up ride, infact i think i felt better control with 2 up.

Tires and counter steering makes all te difference in the world. Personally I like how it rides better than my cbr's. Just takes practice as its a differnt animal

Glad to hear you guys had a good ride - I'm definitely sorry I missed it, but family obligations and such.

Once you get that new tire on, Doc, I'm betting that VFR will handle like a dream. It's a bit bigger/heavier than the Ninja (what isn't though?) but there's not a bike it can't keep in sight even at a quick street pace.