bikes gone but new car!! (STI )

red1993sol

I don't have a car that is faster, cars cost too much to make fast, but I test drove a 05 sti, and I hated how quickly I ran out of rpms and had to shift, as soon as it started really pulling I had to change gears.

I'll take my xx when I need an adrenaline rush, thanks... if I'm in a car, id rather be comfortable, so I have a cadillac, heated leather recliner seats with massage, and bose stereo, still 300 horsepower.

Edited by magley64

When im in a car i wanna look good, when im in truck i wanna look good, when im on a bike i wanna look good. Thats why i have tinted windows and a smoked visor because i know i cant pull it off

:trollface:...:lol:

• Upvote 1

First of all...how many miles on it, and have you had the tune, leak down, and compression check done?

What kind/type of tune is it running with the exhaust and BOV?

If you don't already know, you're most likely LOSING power with the BOV...as the Subaru engine/turbo system is by design a recirculating system.

Also, you say it's lowered...with is also not the best thing for a WRX/STi of that gen.

Bigger sways, yes...but if it's lowered more than .5" or so, you're losing what little wheel travel(wheel travel is a good thing to have) you had to begin with. There are actually coilovers designed to lower AND gain wheel travel, but they're $(TiC AST's).

I've had a 2008 STi, a 2003 WRX, and a 2007 STi...so if you've got questions, feel free to hit me up.

They're truly are great cars...for what they are(not drag racing)...kinda like a swiss army knife. You wouldn't want one for hand to hand combat...but if given the choice of only one tool to be stranded on a desert island...you get where I'm going...

Edited by BadTrainDriver

That's what's up, is it manual?

no it was an auto and thats half the reason I got rid of it. At the time daily driving a manual truck was a pain in the ass with all the traffic I hit for my old job in Indy so i opted for manual on a DD. I also got a pretty damn good deal on this one because it was auto, sat on the lot for 6 months and I convinced the salesman that the car needed a repaint because the paint was in such bad condition. Needless to say it didn't need a repaint but a 30 hour long detail that only cost me $200 :D

I don't have a car that is faster, cars cost too much to make fast, but I test drove a 05 sti, and I hated how quickly I ran out of rpms and had to shift, as soon as it started really pulling I had to change gears.

I'll take my xx when I need an adrenaline rush, thanks... if I'm in a car, id rather be comfortable, so I have a cadillac, heated leather recliner seats with massage, and bose stereo, still 300 horsepower.

I figured since you were pissing in his cheerios you had a ride that could back it up.

Love the subbie. Well done.

I have a jacked up 2007 WRX with an STi drivetrain swap that I got from a guy on here a couple years ago. I've done a lot of engine work to it since I got it (which will happen when you blow up a turbo and a rear differential), and I love it. Thing is a monster for a 4-banger. We need a new tune for it, but it should be kicking out anywhere between 430-450 at the crank. With 4-wheel drive, it's just damn fun to flog around. For the money, there isn't much more fun to be had in a car, at least in my opinion.

Good choice. I'll try to post up pics of mine if I ever get them, so it'll be in good company in this thread. It also has the sleeper look you guys were talking about, where there's no wing or anything on it. Fun times.

My buddy Andrew's

http://www.lersoc.com/showthread.php?t=613

since these photos he's added yellow driving lights in stock location, tinted the windows 50%, and is currently working on getting the tail lights smoked.

I do like the way he redid the badging.

Edited by magley64

For now I'm just going to do small things to it like tint, short shifter and other minor bolt ons. And as for a tune it's still the factory setting and I'm planning on getting bov to get it back to factory. You guys with subies should post up some pictures of your cars on here or another thread!! I'll be getting done new tread at the end of summer but I'm still not sure what I will end up going with. The xlr is a cool car but I don't think it's worth the money. Just my 2 cents though!

With the full 3" exhaust...does this include a different downpipe?

With the BOV and an exhaust from the downpipe back, running the stock tune is not good...

With the BOV and an exhaust to include a different downpipe, running the stock tune is terrible...as in your engine is a ticking time bomb!

This is not something you want to get fixed soon...this is something you need to fix before you drive it again!

The tune is the single most important thing about these cars...except for maybe the brakes, for obvious reasons...

BTD, where/who does your tuning? Mine was done a long while back when it was originally built up, but hasn't since the repairs/re-rebuild so it really needs another go. I'm not into the idea of blowing up another ball-bearing turbo, so suggestions?

Awesome color and agree the wing looks goofy but at least its functional on this car

I'm comfy with my CTS and use my ZX for the acceleration high :D

But its still nice to get in cars that can go fast too

just to name a few I get to drive now and then

04 C5

55 Chevy 210

and I get to ride with my friend and his 82 Buick with a 150 shot

I have nothing else to add :fruit:

BTD, where/who does your tuning? Mine was done a long while back when it was originally built up, but hasn't since the repairs/re-rebuild so it really needs another go. I'm not into the idea of blowing up another ball-bearing turbo, so suggestions?

Keep in mind, I sold my STi...just have a Jeep now, but for the last two turbo Subarus I had, I use Phatron from NASIOC, and did e tunes via Cobb Access Port Pro Tune software.

Doing what I did requires a Cobb Access Port and a wb o2 sensor, but he also does open tune...though you still need a wb, and the ability to log it.

He did a great job for me, and he's got outstanding reviews on NASIOC.