First official Ride on VFR800 2 up

NinjaDoc

Just thought might as well start a new thread if any others having my same dilemma as me, (which i highly doubt)

bw1.jpg

bw2.jpg

So went for the first ride with VFR 2- up, did about just 150 miles, not much of hard core in terms of touring, but still this was miles and miles ahead of what we could pull off in a zx 6r. The VFR was stock and no added mods to help us, still the ride was awesome, none - minimal fatigue for both of us. ( 160lb +120lb) i guess ona good day we could have pulled off another 200ish mile very easy. Ample space for both of us, power just right, handling was silky smooth. Was going at reasonable pace but good for first time 2 up ride. Am guessing if it had after market seats, luggage (costly :( ) windscreen and some rear suspension tune up this will be one good do it all bike. I was okay with he stock exhaust sound, very silent but classy v4. Dont take me wrong the zx 6r was an awesome machinery and fun to ride, but i believe i am not skilled enough to utilize it to the tee, while i feel i used the vfr far better on the first day itself. Hopefully will be sticking to this bike for a long time. Most of all if better half is happy thats a good justification for getting it :D

why i chose VFR:

- like to ride 2 up quite often

- wanted a not so big and heavy bike which i was confident with

- wanted a bike which handled well and had good ergonomics

- a bike which can do the twisty as well as dash in the city

- reliable, lot of after market support and already proven track record

- reasonable price and good resale

For first time we used scala rider and it was frustrating in the first 10 mile, i thought i wasted good money. But all we had to do was adjust the mic for wifey and i could hear clearly at below 45ish mile and hear so so at above 45 The silent exhaust helped a lot here, thats why wanna keep it like that. I guess if i had a costly helmet with minimal wind noise the experience will be amazing at the least

Wow wall of text, might as well post this in VFR forum lol

Edited by NinjaDoc

Nice! good write up and pics

Personally the Honda Hardbags look nice and all but for myself personally, as much as I would use them, I just got cortech sport saddle bags and can fill them the same if not more than the hardbags

Sounds like you had a good time.

Thx GS

Nice! good write up and pics

Personally the Honda Hardbags look nice and all but for myself personally, as much as I would use them, I just got cortech sport saddle bags and can fill them the same if not more than the hardbags

I was also looking into soft bags, with only few hauling we might do per year no point in wasting that much money on hard bags, was looking at cortech, can the straps for the bag go underneath the seat? does the bag touch the exhaust?

You 2 up-ing this Saturday?

Nope just alone, i will be slow as such alone esp on a new bike lol

I think if I got a street ride it would be a vfr

wont go wrong there, but no where near the kick of a super sport from the get - go, but once it sets sail smooth and nice

yuo can put the straps under the seat no problem and my after market exhaust is a bit smaller but there is no contact of the bags. I have not even used them yet, just fitted them once

ND - caught that your ride is feature photoed on VFRD. -- Its a great forum of viffer junkies and geeks. Lots of tech minded fooles too (myself included)

Looks Great Doc. I went to VFRD to check in on it. I'd be on there more, but the mods don't get my humor.:sheepkoolaid:

glad you like it doc.

and yes 300 miles + is capable on it.

but like i told you in PM for me i wanted something i could do more milage daily, and had a bit more suspension to it.

i loved my VFR to death, and sometimes i wish i never sold it.

but the Multi is working out very very well for me

if you have any questions on those bikes PM me. And when valve check time comes around hit me up, i have all the tools to do the job.. and its a BIG job

ND - caught that your ride is feature photoed on VFRD. -- Its a great forum of viffer junkies and geeks. Lots of tech minded fooles too (myself included)

Yea i saw that you have couple of how to do tips in there, will sure be pming you if i run inot troubles :)

How much for the zx 6r?

will let you know soon csc, just have to do some research before i say any price, i am total noob at this plus have to cut the deficit caused by being vfred :D

Looks Great Doc. I went to VFRD to check in on it. I'd be on there more, but the mods don't get my humor.:sheepkoolaid:

haha fazer, we riding this saturday, link here >> http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=90946 us youngstown area guys leaving from canfeild bp station around 9:45 to the meet spot in bolivar

No video!?!? Little disappointed Doc...

Glad your enjoying it. Same reasons you bought it are the same Ive been wanting one.

Will come up with video soon, time is the main problem now. hey you will find you dream vfr soon enough.

glad you like it doc.

and yes 300 miles + is capable on it.

but like i told you in PM for me i wanted something i could do more milage daily, and had a bit more suspension to it.

i loved my VFR to death, and sometimes i wish i never sold it.

but the Multi is working out very very well for me

if you have any questions on those bikes PM me. And when valve check time comes around hit me up, i have all the tools to do the job.. and its a BIG job

as soon as i touch the 16000 mile, will be coming over :( for the valve thingy. If i am getting more off this year around this might happen next yea itself lol, if not its a looong way away.

as soon as i touch the 16000 mile, will be coming over :( for the valve thingy. If i am getting more off this year around this might happen next yea itself lol, if not its a looong way away.

i wouldnt freak over the valve check - viffers tend to stay in spec a long time. There are some guys who havent checked theres at all with some higher mileage. I'm gonna wait till I hit around 32k to decide to plan when to do mine. (I checked my 4th gen at 23k and everthing was in spec.)

-- VTEC valve check? Yea, def farm that to Hoblick, its a major pain in the ass. :eek: