National Trails 4/15/2012 You going?

just_some_dude

I didn't go, but heard that it sucked. Friend reported that he had to wait 2-3 hours in between each run. He also said that they would let the muscle cars, dragsters, etc. go over and over again while he waited in line.

He said half the day they could do anything beyond 1/8 mile because they sealed the track prior to racing, so the last part was still wet.

Sounds like a money dump to me. I do not think I will go to the next one based on his experience.

wed night are fun....i could get 2-3 passes in during warm up before the brackets even started... think it was only $15 or something....worth it for me to get in a couple runs....i could be in and out in like 2 hours and have 2-3 runs...i didnt stay for bracket racing, cut out before they started ...just went for the first few passes....then again, trails is less than 20 mins from my old place, and its like 10 from my new place....so its not a big deal to head there for a couple hours

• 2 months later...

A lot of Drag Strips will pass over the bikes and let the cars continue to run. Unfortunately, I have experienced this at National Trails. Haven't went to the Wed test and tune but my experience on the weekends is a lot of waiting for 2-3 runs sometimes. Depends on the amount of cars they get and if the people that show up to run bikes stay on top of the workers in the lanes to make sure they aren't ignoring the bikes.

If you go, do not hesitate to remind the staging lane crew that you are there to run your bike and not watch cars get to make pass after pass.

I can understand that, but still sounds amazingly shady to me. Seems like they take advantage of people.

Just seems like a shady scam, can't get the bad taste out of my mouth.

I would think giving my money and sitting in line to race would be enough to say "Hey, I plan on racing today!"

The one time I went I got 2 test runs and made 2 passes in the brackets. I don't think the cars ran more than us but I was just playing so who knows. I would guess that the cars bring in a lot more repeats than the bikes so I am sure they get a bit more love at the line.