Dropped my bike and wracked the crankcover today...

Ryo

I dropped my bike on the rocky path in front of my apt today and wrecked the crank cover, have no idea if the crank case is broken. I was on a very low speed and the oil all leaked out... Can anyone tell if I need an engine disensembling or how much it is gonna cost to fix this situation?

545979_337142676340469_100001342172732_894185_1336058520_n.jpg

Going by the pictures, it looks like you just punched a hole through the case cover. You can replace that and the gasket. Look while you have it off to see if there is damage inside. You can probably do it in an hour most.

Edit:

Is this the R6s?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-OEM-Stator-Case-Cover-2006-2009-R6S-2003-2005-R6-/290699365005?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item43af084a8d#ht_5280wt_952

Good scenario: Crank case needs cleaned out, inspected. If all is okay then they just mount on a new cover, change the oil and your good to go. Add $200 labor and google how much a cover, oil and filter is.

Bad scenario:

They find broken parts upon inspection. Nobody can tell you how much that will be till they take apart the engine. Thats when it could get expensive.

Thanks guys... Yes my most concern is that I have no idea if any internal parts are broken as I saw the oil leaking. I am not machenic guy so I have no idea how much its gonna cost. The bodyshop will help tow my bike tomorrow and I will figure it out

Yea but I think guys in BMC have no idea about the mechanical stuff so I'd prefer to know how severe the problem can be...:p

I blazed you enough on BMC. No need to do it here as well. :D

the only reason i work on all my own shit is because im too poor to pay a professional :lol:

if i could afford it, i would never touch a wrench ever again

This^^^

As much fun as I have working on my car and bike, the time and frustration saved to do certain things is well worth it in my book taking it to a professional, if I could afford it that is. Now give me a project car/bike to work on and I would love it! But when it comes down to my DD or only motorcycle, I want it done now and back on the road.

Edited by JStump

the only reason i work on all my own shit is because im too poor to pay a professional :lol:

if i could afford it, i would never touch a wrench ever again

yup! I do the small easy shit, anything with a degree of difficulty then it goes straight to Pauly. He is not allowed to move any farther away from me, I will be lost if he does :lol: