Need suggestions for a new 10/22 stock.

jagr

Meet Jagrwockee. This is an old pic. I have upgraded the glass and that's about it.

9f0b8a9f.jpg

I don't think the word "hate" accurately describes my feelings for this stock.

.920 Barrel and Power Custom internals.

Stock suggestions GO!

Not really a fan of archangel. Plastic picatinny rails don't seem a good way to mount optics.

I just saw it the other day... thought it looked cool. If you want precision go for a thumb hole stock or one of the high dollar adjustable stocks.

Not really a fan of archangel. Plastic picatinny rails don't seem a good way to mount optics.

You carry a plastic handgun in a plastic holster, 10/22 with a wood stock works fine but isn't cool enough? WTF is wrong with you? Prejudice much? I say this thread gets moved to R&R & we ban the offender until he can fully embrace the superiority of polymer.

• Upvote 1

I have always wanted to do something like this with mine;

IMG_0004-6.jpg

It's a Magnum Research Barracuda stock.

I'm leaning that way.

You carry a plastic handgun in a plastic holster, 10/22 with a wood stock works fine but isn't cool enough? WTF is wrong with you? Prejudice much? I say this thread gets moved to R&R & we ban the offender until he can fully embrace the superiority of polymer.

No No No. Im good with polymer. I'm not good with the archangel as its all just a plastic cover, rails an all. I do not want to mount optics to plastic rails.

Last I saw Cdubya he had just put an archangel on his. He said he had to soften it in the over before install. The top rail seemed to bow upwards of memory serves.

Boyd's. Done

This. I do like it. Everything is out of stock right now except the red and pink lam stocks. Boyd's is at the top of my list right now.

Check out season final of Sons Of Guns and you will find what you need in the Zombie 10/22.
I saw that too but he said no plastic.
I've always been a fan of the 10/22 stock stock...

Must have missed that???

...No real advantage, but been thinking of doing this for no particular reason than I've always liked the M1Carbine

m1carbine1022bigsmall.gif

Yes. If I pick up another 10/22 cheap I would do this. Maybe for my son.

Inchange my mind on this weekly. One day i want to sell it and start over the other i want to dump more cash in it so IDK

I'm prolly just gonna get a Blackhawk Axiom for now. Till Boyd's gets their shit together.

I saw that too but he said no plastic.
Doesn't he carry a Glock? :rolleyes::confused::D

NO PLASTIC SCOPE RAILS!

Glock operator 4LYFE! :badgerrock:

Edited by jagr

I've got Archangel on my 10/22. The carry handle scope rail is plastic exterior coating an aluminum frame. Plastic? Yes, too weak to handle a scope on a 22LR with 0 recoil? No way. A scope would mount just fine.

My only complaint though is the mag. Every non-Ruger mag I've tried in a 10/22 sucks, and Archangel is no exception.

• 2 weeks later...