Ohio Riders Motorcycle Awareness Month Blood Drive

Casper

yYAR2.png

As you all know (or should know), May is Motorcycle Awareness Month. In commemoration, we're going to have a virtual blood drive. Sounds hilarious, I know. For your time and generous blood donation that could very well save someone's life, I'm going to give you a free one year Supporter subscription. If you're already a Supporter, you'll get a one year extension.

Here's all you have to do (it's rather simple actually):

Step 1) Go donate blood. Anywhere. I don't care.

Step 2) Take a picture (or have a picture taken) of you giving blood. Before. During. After. Whatever.

Step 3) Post the picture here in this thread before the end of May.

That's it. Once the picture is posted here, I'll take care of the Supporter part. It's a win/win. You possibly save someone's life AND get a free one year Supporter subscription.

For places to donate blood: http://www.redcross.org

• Upvote 1

Great idea Ben. I've always been a huge supporter of donating. Usually I give double reds but didn't have enough time last time.

My wife and I just donated April 10th at Stoneridge Plaza so can't again until June. :( Really nice place, they even gave us each a big bag of Dunkin Donut coffee.

Edited by chevysoldier

I wish I could still donate blood, but im never aloud to donate blood again due to my #13 :lol::(

Actually thats for plasma, wonder if it works the same for blood :dunno: dont remember anyone asking about a #13 when giving blood.

Edited by Exarch

Ben

Great idea. This forum should make bikers proud. I'm putting up a link on cincinnati bikers life and would love to interview you to do a blog article on my Ohio torocycle safety awaerness and injury help blog

Tony

Stop the presses.....Ben and ORDN get good press in Cincinnati!?! That is like the Bengals staying out of jail for a season, the Reds not fading out of playoff contention by the middle of the season, hell that could have a worse outcome than dividing by zero....

jk....great idea on both parts!

And I love this new Io-Gone packet! Like the single pack wipes, this stuff quickly/easily removes iodine to save shirts from staining. I'll post my pic later, can't figure how to get it from iPhone to here...

• 4 weeks later...

This is such a great idea, that it was enough to bring me out of my OR "Retirement". Some will of course, Now argue that it wasn't worth it.

So let's see. There was One person in front of me, but she let me cut in line (Thank you random stranger!) So I didn't have to wait any. I got a free shirt, drinks, a coupon for a free ice cream cone, (was also offered snacks, but I declined them). Then, I post up a pic of me doing my part to help save a life (like That alone, isn't enough motivation) and I get a few more goodies

I truly Hope, that nobody from this site will Ever have to worry about being on the "Other" end of this type of situation. However, the Truth is, we have All seen the countless swerving drivers, who feel that whatever that text they Just sent was about, is/was more important then My life, and/or the life of you, my fellow biker Brothers and Sisters. Everyone deserves better then that. WE definitely deserve better. If anyone ever "deserves" to be on the Other end of this great idea... it is that careless, and thoughtless driver that caused it all to happen. (too bad it rarely ever works out that way)

Again, Great idea, and I am proud to have helped out.

IMG_20120529_160944.jpg

:busa:

My phone is corrupting all of the photos I've taken recently, so no photo proof, but I went to the Community Blood Center on Tuesday and gave a double platelet and single red cell donation using an apheresis machine. I didn't realize there was such a demand for platelets. The lady said they're kinda delicate and only good for about 5 days after donation.