Gap Trip Preparedness Thread

2talltim

I'm bringing the family sized Icy Goldbond. MonkeyButt doesn't stand up to the 1 Million icey gnome fingers tingle tickling my sack. It's gonna be hot down south so you better keep your southern region cool and dry.

• Upvote 1

UnderArmour sport briefs are absolutely awesome!!!! The twig and berries can breathe, and there are no seams in the butt or legs....they are very similar to cycling shorts.

if you guys end up needing anything for your bike, tires, oil, fuses, brake/clutch levers, new engine covers (shit loads in stock actually) you name it he probably has it. go to wheelers down by robbinsville. dude does not rip you off on tire prices either. he sells them for what you'd pay for them online.

and will mount them for a normal price. DO NOT go to the guy down at the bottom of 129 by the lakes. that guy got me for $200 plus tax for one rear tire. and he jacked my bike up with a normal car floor jack under one side of my swingarm scratching the shit out of it. then he hopped on my bike and rode it up the road. I could have beat his head. I had no choice mine got a huge nail in it and I couldn't make it to wheelers.

http://wheelersperformance.com/

Edited by serpentracer

Oh, anyone staying with Tim... Earplugs. :lol:

Feel sorry for Mykill and jstumpalump150 of that is the case. Put a few drinks in me and my professional grade chainsaw kicks in.

Four pairs of undies, four t-shirts, deodorant, and a toothbrush. That should cover it here. And Midget Todd is right, thongs do pack easier into the seat section.:o

Feel sorry for Mykill and jstumpalump150 of that is the case. Put a few drinks in me and my professional grade chainsaw kicks in.
looks like we get the twin beds then and the other two can spoon in peace..LOL

if you guys end up needing anything for your bike, tires, oil, fuses, brake/clutch levers, new engine covers (shit loads in stock actually) you name it he probably has it. go to wheelers down by robbinsville. dude does not rip you off on tire prices either. he sells them for what you'd pay for them online.

and will mount them for a normal price. DO NOT go to the guy down at the bottom of 129 by the lakes. that guy got me for $200 plus tax for one rear tire. and he jacked my bike up with a normal car floor jack under one side of my swingarm scratching the shit out of it. then he hopped on my bike and rode it up the road. I could have beat his head. I had no choice mine got a huge nail in it and I couldn't make it to wheelers.

http://wheelersperformance.com/

He hooked me up last year, with a clutch linkage for $35 installed but i think his tires are a still a bit on the pricey side. But when you need in a pinch, yea he is the man.

When I had my soft luggage, I put blue painters tape under it on the plastics. I'm sure you know how easily black paint scuffs.

Yeah I see a mark and Im buying every wax to take out marks they don't work as well on black paint.

He hooked me up last year, with a clutch linkage for $35 installed but i think his tires are a still a bit on the pricey side. But when you need in a pinch, yea he is the man.

well i went there after the other place and i could have bought a set of bt-016 for another $50 over what i had to pay for just a rear. I heard wheeler will let you take the tire off the bike with his tools and stands and give u a discount for mounting.

What do you guys think should i get a textile riding jacket for the trip or sweat it out in my leather that weighs almost 20 lbs(not really exaggerating that much ask jst2fst). My leather isnt that bad while rolling but once i stop it heats up quick.

this is the one i have

TEXPORT-JKT-FLATRAK-RED.jpg

is pretty heavy

i also have a freeway jacket that is kinda restrictive in the twisties

maybe i should get to the pony and look around for a cheap-o textile

That one says optional back protector. Spine, elbow and shoulder amour is standard on the Icons. I don't ride without a back protector, I've seen first hand what happens without one

good catch i didnt even notice the "optional" part

That one says optional back protector. Spine, elbow and shoulder amour is standard on the Icons. I don't ride without a back protector, I've seen first hand what happens without one

ouch that f'er is $90 alone... http://www.joerocket.com/catalog/index.cfm/252/242/Accessories/Removable_C.E._Back_Pad

but it does have a foam one, i think thats all my leather has

Edited by 2talltim