Gap Trip Preparedness Thread

2talltim

I spent around $200 new for my Joe Rocket you saw how light my jacket is. Included all armor back, spine, elbows, shoulders and some hip protection. Bought the latest one they had a pony last Jan 2011

Agreed. I find small size or huge sizes but hardly between for me. I just rock my joe rocket mesh that I got for $75 a couple seasons ago

how does your joe rocket fit compared to other brand sizes, RD just quoted me a sweet price on that velocity and i wondering if i should go to the pony to try one on first. My first gear freeway is a 3xl 52 and my texport leather is a 54

my joe rocket phoenix is a large and fits great. The perforated leather joe rocket I tried on though I need like a 58 which would be 2XL I believe so to me it seems they vary by jacket

Other things i would suggest for riding are, rain gear, tank or tail bag, bungee net, zip ties, couple basic tools(OEM tool kits are great), kick stand puck, zip lock baggies, something to clean your visor with, phone charger, air gage, pocket flashlight.

Some oil, brake fluid, coolant. Extra levers or pegs if you have them laying around(you never know). Air compressor or pump(i always take my little pancake compressor along).

Ear plugs..for loud bikes and roomies

Mp3 or Ipod

Gold Bond or monkey butt powder

Under armor or Dri lock under shirt and shorts

Map of area incase you get seperated

Isn't this the normal riding payload?

One would think so. A ride check list should be the same no matter near or far. Tim just wanted points for starting another thread.

TIM is tired of going on rides and trips where some peoples common sense was left at home and everyone's day was affected

Almost straight shot, the way I always go. No columbus to go thru or cops all along 33. No traffic . Try it

I will when I don't have the trailer ...586 isn't the best road to tow 4000lbs on