Gap Trip Preparedness Thread

2talltim

Hell the ones on it now are tails. .:nono:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Take a run down Parsons Branch I think its at mile 4.5 on the Gap. 8 miles of dirt road and 4 or 5 creek crossings. Did it on the FZ1 in 08, not a great idea.

Take a run down Parsons Branch I think its at mile 4.5 on the Gap. 8 miles of dirt road and 4 or 5 creek crossings. Did it on the FZ1 in 08, not a great idea.
If you turned onto it from 129, you were going the wrong direction. It's one way, dead ending into 129. :D

yup we did it in a rental car one time after a rain:D, a chevy HHR i bet there was plenty of mud in the sub frame:lol:

If you turned onto it from 129, you were going the wrong direction. It's one way, dead ending into 129. :D

^^^This^^^

Looks like my one and only person interested in the tires i have on the shelf is not interested anymore. So if i dont sell them in the next week and a half im going to spoon them on.

That explains all the flip offs from oncoming traffic, I thought they were just a bunch of dicks. Just kidding we came in from Cades Cove.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Guys when you put saddle bags on your bike do any of you use duct tape to protect your paint from the saddle bags from rubbing

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Con-Tact-Clear-Covering-Multipurpose-Shelf-Liner-18-x-75-Roll-Clear-Gloss/20895773

This stuff is the the bomb. Will not not move around once it is put on. Thick enough that it won't wear thru. Can't hardly see it unless your close. Make patterns and cut to fit. Can be reused. I reuse the one for my tank bag 5 or 6 times. Can even use when trailering to prevent straps from chaffing. Any residue left will come right off with wax. Just did a 1600 mile Gap trip with a trip thru W Virginia in the rain on Rt 16. Not a scratch. Just make sure the surface is clean before you put it on and that the edges are all stuck down. Dirt and grit will collect anyplace that the sticky side is showing.